• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. James Marsden in Sonic still makes me wish for more of him as Cyclops

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
1 month ago#1
The guy is still pretty fit (as Sonic comments on his tight shirt). I feel like he was wasted with not giving anything to work in the X-Men movies (first movie aside) due to Wolverine stealing the show (and his girl.... his girl tend to be stolen a lot in movies).

User Info: shroom_ninja_X

shroom_ninja_X
1 month ago#2
I always liked Cyclops, and James Mardsen isn't a bad fit for the role. It's a real shame that the movies treated pretty much everyone besides Xavier, Wolverine, Mystique, and Magneto like an afterthought.

Mardsen is a good actor, and the films wasted him.
Word to your mother.

User Info: The_Blacknoah

The_Blacknoah
1 month ago#3
Didn't he ask for Cyke to be killed off in X3 because he didn't like where it was going? Good call, I'd say.
Repeat this after me: I will never take on a god AGAIN! - Rugal Bernstein, KOF '98

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 month ago#4
He literally should have been the Captain America of the Fox X-Men movies. Cyclops deserves better than what we got. Just saying.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://bit.ly/2JEMxKX

User Info: Tino_Tonitini2

Tino_Tonitini2
1 month ago#5
The_Blacknoah posted...
Didn't he ask for Cyke to be killed off in X3 because he didn't like where it was going? Good call, I'd say.

If I recall correctly, James Marsden's availability was very limited because he was already committed to filming Superman Returns at the time. When you factor this in with the huge cast of characters and the alleged notion that movie Cyclops not very popular, it sort of makes sense why Fox would decide to kill off the character. I don't agree with the decision but I understand it.

Anyway, yes, the X-Men films squandered Cyclops and by extension James Marsden. Tom in the Sonic movie isn't a necessarily fantastic role for an actor, but it's pretty beefy and let Marsden have a bit of fun.

As for Cyclops, let's hope the MCU makes better use of the character, assuming he makes it into that universe.

User Info: Aceofblades2k2

Aceofblades2k2
1 month ago#6
Cyclops has never been a cool XMen Character.
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 month ago#7
Aceofblades2k2 posted...
Cyclops has never been a cool XMen Character.

https://i.imgur.com/gb7NlF4.gif
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife - https://bit.ly/2JEMxKX

User Info: Crikey

Crikey
1 month ago#8
Can't blame him for how Cyclops turned out. Maybe someday he will get to be in an X-Men movie instead of a Wolverine one.

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
1 month ago#9
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
Tom in the Sonic movie isn't a necessarily fantastic role for an actor, but it's pretty beefy and let Marsden have a bit of fun.

That's true, but I do like Tom's inclusion because most of the time with kid movies you'll get a kid partnered with the alien/animal as a sidekick so it's refreshing to see an adult for once. Not to mention the relatability of being stuck in a boring job and having dreams of doing something better.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. James Marsden in Sonic still makes me wish for more of him as Cyclops
  • Topic Archived