• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Jar Jar Abrahams Rise of Skywalker kill the franchise/force? *spoilers*

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
3 weeks ago#11
I'd be concerned if the Star Wars franchise only consisted of the movies. But between projects like Clone Wars, Jedi: Fallen Order, and The Mandalorian, the franchise is still doing fine.
At least Danvers is an actual Captain.

User Info: Zelos_ToS

Zelos_ToS
3 weeks ago#12
If option 4 had been worded correctly I would have chosen that one. Should have been:

My disappointment is immeasurable and my Star Wars is ruined.

As it stands, I choose indifference.

User Info: Reala

Reala
3 weeks ago#13
All the stuff you are complaining about is a result of KK and RJ. Blame them for ruining Star Wars sequel trilogy.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: Funkx

Funkx
3 weeks ago#14
metroidman92 posted...
A system like The Force needs rules and some limitations.

Yeah I always assumed using the force drained a Jedi, they weren't all powerful (like in the video games, you can't just use the force endlessly in the early SW games). If you have a character who is all-powerful then there are no challenges and it's boring. The whole idea behind the OT was that the rebellion were the underdogs- the Empire was supposed to be the all-powerful evil force.

Really it's just the Hollywood conglomerate machine dismantling and digesting another franchise. People in Hollywood with tact and creativity don't get paid to write and direct big budget films. It's all about who can create the most buzz, even if has 0 lasting impact (Ala Jar Jar Abrams.) Star Wars was a left-field hit and any attempts to replicate that without deeply respecting the source material (Perhaps too much, because the source material is ridiculously flawed, but that's what's necessary) are going to be failures.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

User Info: Revegelance

Revegelance
3 weeks ago#15
Since I'm able to recognize that The Force is not a skill tree in an RPG to be levelled up, I think it was handled just fine.
Potatoes.
My Mario Maker 2 ID: 0MS-GLM-Q4G

User Info: bigbadharry

bigbadharry
3 weeks ago#16
metroidman92 posted...
A system like The Force needs rules and some limitations. I mean the old EU jumped the shark as well, but not to the level TLJ/RoS did. And yes TLJ introduced force Skype calls, and soft teleportation. (Rain on Kylos hand)

But goddamn, ROS just dialed it up to eleven. Literal teleportation, and whatever Rey and Kylo were doing, some kind of quantum entanglement? And healing was always a thing, but how can you heal a fatal lightsaber strike through the chest? Does Abrams realize that Sabers atomize whatever they touch? The bone, blood vessels, muscles that Rey stabbed are gone. How do you heal that back?

And like the Holdo maneuver, we now have to ask why this wasn't used before. The Jedi could've f***ing saved Padmé and avoided a huge chunk of the premise of the Empire's rise. Luke could've saved Anakin after he killed Palpatine. (Oh wait, that's right, he didn't kill Palpatine...)

Contrast that with something like Battle Meditation from Kotor. That took a huge strain on Bastilla to do. But Rey can just heal with no cost or strain. (But lol it kills Kylo when he does it)

This f***ing trilogy...

Totally nailed it, it's like a 5 year old was directing the whole sequel trilogy, just horrendous and awful beyond belief. They need to retcon the whole thing and send Rey back to her home planet but she dies on the way back from force steroid abuse. As someone else said at least we have Mando even if it is a monster of the week type show, meh, bleh

Can't believe the apologist replies in the thread. Obey, consume, do not criticise and be ready to get excited for the next product. f***ing pathetic, makes me sick. >:0(
Arrgh. Is this the end of lovable Igniz? Why!? There was no way I could lose! Why!? Why!?

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
3 weeks ago#17
No it did not. It survived the prequels it will survive the sequels.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
3 weeks ago#18
Xclaim posted...
But between projects like Clone Wars, Rebels Jedi: Fallen Order, The Mandalorian and the comics/novels, the franchise is still doing fine.
Fixed.

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
3 weeks ago#19
I liked the "dyad" connection, both in TLJ and RoS. The healing and Palpatine's lightning was silly though.
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: tommybel89

tommybel89
3 weeks ago#20
Rise of Skywalker is a damn shame of a movie. I don't know who is more to blame. The crybabies or Disney themselves.
Go Leafs Go
http://www.last.fm/user/Disposableher0
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Jar Jar Abrahams Rise of Skywalker kill the franchise/force? *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived