• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Jar Jar Abrahams Rise of Skywalker kill the franchise/force? *spoilers*

User Info: bigbadharry

bigbadharry
4 weeks ago#1
Did Jar Jar Abrahams Rise of Skywalker kill the franchise and the force? - Results (119 votes)
There is still hope?
20.17% (24 votes)
indifferent
27.73% (33 votes)
I stand with JJ, all movies should have plotholes and logic isn't important, explosions and razzle dazzle are
10.92% (13 votes)
My Starwars is totally ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable
41.18% (49 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The Force is ruined now. It's just a magic plot device now. Who needs rules? Force powers that bring people back from the dead, force teleportation etc

What's next? force asteroids, force herpes transformation powers, force cure blindness, force flood powers

Rey is basically a God now, what's the ****** point anymore.

****** Jar Jar Watto Abrahams.
Arrgh. Is this the end of lovable Igniz? Why!? There was no way I could lose! Why!? Why!?

User Info: extanker

extanker
4 weeks ago#2
It’s Abrams... 🙄

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
4 weeks ago#3
I guess the 4th option is closest to how I feel? I mean, it’s more like a ridiculous parody of how I feel, but I’m not indifferent, I don’t think there’s any hope to make up for the ST, and I certainly don’t agree with Abrams’s style.

Its not that all of Star Wars is ruined though. I am disappointed, but I do still enjoy the first six films as a saga, and TFA and TLJ are alright, it just sucks that there’s no decent conclusion to them. 100% agree that Abrams is all style over substance, he’s all about going for whatever is bigger, louder, and more “epic,” as opposed to what actually makes for competent storytelling.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: metroidman92

metroidman92
4 weeks ago#4
A system like The Force needs rules and some limitations. I mean the old EU jumped the shark as well, but not to the level TLJ/RoS did. And yes TLJ introduced force Skype calls, and soft teleportation. (Rain on Kylos hand)

But goddamn, ROS just dialed it up to eleven. Literal teleportation, and whatever Rey and Kylo were doing, some kind of quantum entanglement? And healing was always a thing, but how can you heal a fatal lightsaber strike through the chest? Does Abrams realize that Sabers atomize whatever they touch? The bone, blood vessels, muscles that Rey stabbed are gone. How do you heal that back?

And like the Holdo maneuver, we now have to ask why this wasn't used before. The Jedi could've f***ing saved Padmé and avoided a huge chunk of the premise of the Empire's rise. Luke could've saved Anakin after he killed Palpatine. (Oh wait, that's right, he didn't kill Palpatine...)

Contrast that with something like Battle Meditation from Kotor. That took a huge strain on Bastilla to do. But Rey can just heal with no cost or strain. (But lol it kills Kylo when he does it)

This f***ing trilogy...
[You take a sip from your trusty Vault 13 Canteen.]
Death is a preferable alternative to communism!

User Info: LafterFrankland

LafterFrankland
4 weeks ago#5
I still like Star Wars.
Johnny FountainS on youtube
Winners don't use drugs

User Info: whitehawk1986

whitehawk1986
4 weeks ago#6
Still love ANH and ESB and like RotJ.
"Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear."

User Info: BruceWayneJr

BruceWayneJr
4 weeks ago#7
I'll never not love Star Wars. They can't change all the great s*** we already have. Disney's opinion on what is and isn't canon doesn't mean anything to me.

Casual fans have less reason to become more involved now, and that's a shame, but I'm not losing sleep over it. We already went through this with Star Trek and that franchise is slowly recovering from the Abrams bomb.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#8
Remember when people desperatly wanted him to come back and direct the other 2 Star Wars films because of how much people enjoyed TFA?

You people are never happy (And before anyone complains, focusing on the sequel trilogy content before they start pulling out s***).

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
4 weeks ago#9
TFA did a good job of discrediting midicholorians. I feel like something like that could happen again. I think they should move away from the skywalker aspects. KoTOR clearly showed Star Wars IP is not tied to skywalkers and Sidious. I think they just need to do a film that is too far removed from the 9 movies to be tied in at all. The mandalorian is still looking good. I think maybe they should try more tv series(but not like 24 episode per season crap. Do tiny seasons of like 5-8 episodes at most so there is a fully developed self-contained story). I think the IP is salvageable.

It just needs writers and directors who are actually good at what they do and don't just keep themselves attached at the hip to the previous films or do the dumb opposite of subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations.
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#10
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
TFA did a good job of discrediting midicholorians. I feel like something like that could happen again. I think they should move away from the skywalker aspects. KoTOR clearly showed Star Wars IP is not tied to skywalkers and Sidious.
Good thing that's what they are doing from now on.

1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Jar Jar Abrahams Rise of Skywalker kill the franchise/force? *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived