• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Can anyone explain why Hollywood keeps cramming the SJW stuff down our throats?

User Info: bobbycorwin

bobbycorwin
1 month ago#11
Warning, controversial political opinion:

I think the liberals in Hollywood are going ballistic because of the Trump presidency. They just can’t understand how he won, and believe that the only people that would vote for him are racists and sexists. Therefore they want to make movies that stick it to Trump voters, but all the studios will let them make are remakes of geek culture movies. So they use that platform by trying to turn these franchises into female led action movies, and when they fail it’s only because of how sexist the target audience is and not because it’s a bad movie.

User Info: LoyalToTheGame

LoyalToTheGame
1 month ago#12
New User User Since: Jan 2020 Karma: 7Active Posts: 41Total Badges: 0

Nice job mods.

User Info: JokedUp

JokedUp
1 month ago#13
Irrelevant posted...
Okay so the list so far is Ghostbusters 2016, new Black Christmas, Ocean's 8 and Charlie's Angels. I don't the The Predator one and Terminator Dark Fate gave Grace a weakness. I guess I liked TLJ though. I don't think it's a big deal. Why? Because I honestly already forgot about Ocean's 8 and Charlie's Angels. Even then that's what? Eight movies listed over 5 years.

Yeah, people get over dramatic and uncomfortable when things change, then they act like it’s everyone else’s fault that they’re b****ing.

Like the entire Ghostbusters hubbub was created by the anti-SJW crowd. The entire uproar. No one from either side was like, “f*** yeah this looks awesome and not at all like a pandering cash grab!!!”. So every little chud that felt like Ghostbusters was about to be ruined or that Paul Feig was about to personally remove all the penises got online and whined. Getting all offended at someone ruining your Star Wars or your Ghostbuster or cutting off SJWism at the pass is literally no different than being an SJW. People can, “Well it’s different because I...” till they’re blue in the face but it f***in’ ain’t.

Make something out of nothing and you can fight forever. I don’t know, whatever makes people feel important I guess?
Yup Joked can really be an ass at times, a kick ass, hilarious ass, but an ass none the less.- J Dogg WWJBD/JBPHC =w= RIP Mitch

User Info: rockus

rockus
1 month ago#14
Okay, New User Account.
http://thetramp.filmaf.com/owned
http://ReelFilmTome.com

User Info: 0kletsg0

0kletsg0
1 month ago#15
LoyalToTheGame posted...
New User User Since: Jan 2020 Karma: 7Active Posts: 41Total Badges: 0

Nice job mods.
???

For one thing who gives a s*** about karma? Lol

For another, whats the minimum threshold before I’m allowed to make topics and have an opinion? Your criticism is objective nonsense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMvjRdyZMFM&t=0m16s

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
1 month ago#16
rockus posted...
Okay, New User Account.
I didnt think it would lose its other account quite so quickly.
Everyone gangsta until country roads starts playing.

User Info: EnterTheTekken

EnterTheTekken
1 month ago#17
The only thing I don't like about this current wave is the implication that we need this NOW, as if there was no examples prior to 2015-16. To use action movies as a context, It almost undervalues what happened prior as if they didn't exist. Some examples from my upbringing:

Sigourney Weaver in Aliens,
Linda Hamilton in Terminator 1 & 2
Milla Jovovich in The Fifth Element
Carrie Anne Moss in The Matrix Trilogy

But also the common thread among those: They are all good-to-great movies.

https://imgur.com/Eq8W20T

User Info: Cosmic_Diabetic

Cosmic_Diabetic
1 month ago#18
To trigger you specifically.
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."

User Info: T_Nori

T_Nori
1 month ago#19
The same as to why Right-winged nazis love shoving their racism, sexism,gun rights and orange man down our throats while constantly calling celebs who don't like orange man pedos, crazies, ugly, fascists, satanic, evil and pizzagate

User Info: 0kletsg0

0kletsg0
1 month ago#20
EnterTheTekken posted...
The only thing I don't like about this current wave is the implication that we need this NOW, as if there was no examples prior to 2015-16. To use action movies as a context, It almost undervalues what happened prior as if they didn't exist. Some examples from my upbringing:

Sigourney Weaver in Aliens,
Linda Hamilton in Terminator 1 & 2
Milla Jovovich in The Fifth Element
Carrie Anne Moss in The Matrix Trilogy

But also the common thread among those: They are all good-to-great movies.
Correct, and importantly none of those films were working off the premise that having a strong female lead was somehow unacceptable, unexpected, or unwelcome in popular culture. There is a foundational assumption of modern SJW films that is patently absurd if not outright offensive: that modern audiences somehow do not want or accept diversity and inclusivity, and it is somehow “courageous” to put it on screen. Give me a break.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMvjRdyZMFM&t=0m16s
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Can anyone explain why Hollywood keeps cramming the SJW stuff down our throats?
  • Topic Archived