You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Do you think daisy ridley was a good choice to play lead actress in the newer

User Info: CedarPointcp

CedarPointcp
1 week ago#1
star wars movies? - Results (123 votes)
yes
72.36% (89 votes)
no
27.64% (34 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
topico
"Ah, you most likely know it as Myanmar but it'll always be Burma to me"

User Info: W1ngZero

W1ngZero
1 week ago#2
She is absolutely beautiful but her acting has been very wooden with no signs of improvement from Force Awakens to Last Jedi.
http://i.imgur.com/l6Jb95G.png

User Info: ForsakenHermit

ForsakenHermit
1 week ago#3
She's fine it's the writing around Rey and Ren that's the problem.
Beware the fanatic! Too often his cure is deadlier by far than the evil he denounces!-Stan Lee RIP
Make Arcades Great Again!

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
1 week ago#4
W1ngZero posted...
She is absolutely beautiful but her acting has been very wooden with no signs of improvement from Force Awakens to Last Jedi.

Beautiful? Maybe if you’re a Peyton Manning fan

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#5
An actor can only be as good so long as they've got great material to work with.

There problem here is that Disney has yet to provide such supplementary material.
https://i.imgur.com/xDp2OXu.jpg https://i.imgur.com/fUxtsQG.jpg

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
1 week ago#6
The problem wasn't her.
The problem was how they wrote the character.
FFVII Remake: A disaster in the making.
I'll laugh at whatever I find funny whether you like it or not.

User Info: Prince Bane

Prince Bane
1 week ago#7
HarryWarden posted...
W1ngZero posted...

Beautiful? Maybe if you’re a Peyton Manning fan

No idea who Peyton Manning is, and with your ridiculous comment I am not going to bother looking it up. Daisy Ridley is clearly beautiful.

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 week ago#8
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
An actor can only be as good so long as they've got great material to work with.

There problem here is that Disney has yet to provide such supplementary material.

No, many actors rise above the material to give good performances. Liam Neeson and Ian McDiarmid both did well in the prequel trilogies in spite of George Lucas’ direction and dire writing, but they’re both older and far more experienced. Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman have given good performances in other movies, but were unable to spin gold out of the straw Lucas gave them to work with. She has the same problem. I doubt most actresses her age would have done much better.
Nothing is overrated; your opinion is just outnumbered-some guy

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 week ago#9
ForsakenHermit posted...
She's fine it's the writing around Rey and Ren that's the problem.

This.

Jonbodhi posted...
Zack_Attackv1 posted...

No, many actors rise above the material to give good performances. Liam Neeson and Ian McDiarmid both did well in the prequel trilogies in spite of George Lucas’ direction and dire writing, but they’re both older and far more experienced. Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman have given good performances in other movies, but were unable to spin gold out of the straw Lucas gave them to work with. She has the same problem. I doubt most actresses her age would have done much better.

Good points. Though not all of the writing was bad.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
1 week ago#10
She isn‘t the problem. The writing is the problem.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Do you think daisy ridley was a good choice to play lead actress in the newer