You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. If Ariel and Johnny Storm can be black, can Blade be white?

User Info: lolife67

lolife67
1 week ago#121
Kastrada posted...
UltraPlanet posted...
You know white people can have black hair too just like Blade, right?

That argument doesn't make sense considering the poster was clarifying that the term "ginger" does not default to white people. So you are agreeing with them that hair color does not dictate race.

Yeah, that was a pretty bad comeback lol

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
1 week ago#122
lowlifeboy posted...
anyone can race bend, fictional and non fictional characters. it's the director's choice.

And that’s why it’s stupid.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
1 week ago#123
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
GreenGoblinOck posted...
Frankly considering Blade is one of the few popular African American characters

And Ariel is one of the few popular gingers bit they made her black. So why can't we make Blade latino and Black Panther Arabic?

No one apart from black supremists think Ariel being black is good. I know several black people and they all think it’s stupid. But that’s the society we live in. Blade can be white. But he shouldn’t. And he won’t be so moot point. Topic is terrible anyway.

Don’t let a poor casting choice dictate how other things should be.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif
Yuri_LowelI posted...
No one apart from black supremists think Ariel being black is good.

Because there's nothing to opine about from the situation. The movie isn't even out yet.
All of your favorite anime girls like The Last Jedi.
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
And Ariel is one of the few popular gingers bit they made her black.

lol There are a lot of popular redhead characters.
https://i.imgtc.ws/8tc5P9i.jpg
That's America's ass

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
1 week ago#126
Remember when the new Robocop movie came out and everyone immediately trashed their copies of the original and nobody ever talked about it again? Oh wait almost the opposite happened.

Hilariously the only reboots that have stuck around in recent memory have been the genuinely good ones (Dredd, Fury Road) and the ones offended people can't shut up about (Ghostbusters mainly). So it would be great karma for this movie to be the first to overwrite the original's memory and every Ariel sex doll you buy from now on no longer comes in your preferred pasty eggshell pigmentation.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, I probably don't either.
AmericaTheBrave posted...
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
And Ariel is one of the few popular gingers bit they made her black.

lol There are a lot of popular redhead characters.

Also I dont hear a lot of redheads complaining about the movies casting because they are personally chafed. I always just assumed it was hypothetical outrage in order to shield non-redheads from being called out on their silliness.
All of your favorite anime girls like The Last Jedi.

User Info: 90sNinja

90sNinja
1 week ago#128
Even if they cast a white girl, they'd probably just dye her hair, and if it looked anything like actual red hair rather than what these dorks have dreamed up they'd still be crying. Redheads aren't a racial minority (although when it's only white people around everyone suddenly takes a keen interest in drowning the witch children).

Granted I'm a redhead guy, maybe redhead chicks are jealous but they're all crazy so don't pay any attention to them.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, I probably don't either.
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. If Ariel and Johnny Storm can be black, can Blade be white?