• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I loved Crawl *Spoilers*

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
4 weeks ago#1
I'm a big fan of creature features. Jaws is my favorite film of all time and following it I've also enjoyed Alligator, Orca, Back Country, The Shallows and more. So when I saw the trailer for Crawl, you can imagine I was pretty pumped for it.

And it delivered! It was very much like The Shallows in terms of character development and action. There's nothing ground breaking about the film, but the performances help elevate it more, particularly from Barry Pepper. It's full of intense action and moments of pure tension, and there's several times where you can believe that the leads might actually be killed. The alligators in it are menacing and used in some pretty interesting ways. The sequence where they kill the looters at the store is awesome, and the one cop who gets torn apart by like six gators is brutal. They even twist his f***in head off! The effects on them are great, about on par with the shark from The Shallows.

The dynamic between father and daughter in it is very well done, and the two save each other from a few harrowing situations along the way. By the end they're both pretty f***ed up.

Again, if you've seen some of the films I've listed above, you can probably guess most of the plot of Crawl, but it's still a damn good time at the theater.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
4 weeks ago#2
Krull?

User Info: Alexanaxela

Alexanaxela
3 weeks ago#3
It was pretty. Don't know how I feel about the twist with the woman being a cyborg though
Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I loved Crawl *Spoilers*
  • Topic Archived