• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. cinematic trailers should not give away spoilers

User Info: greenmist01

greenmist01
4 weeks ago#1
I personally think its dumb when cinematic trailers give away spoilers to a movie. Because at the end of the day, who are cinematic trailers for?......people who have not seen the movie. I can name you one movie right now who's trailer does give away a major spoiler to the movie, and i wished i never watched the trailer before i watched the movie............Ronin (starring Robert De Niro)

In the trailer, it shows a snippet of the movie where one of the guys goes "so...she betrayed us" . And my reaction was "Oh thank you for telling me that she betrays them.......now its not gonna come as a surprise to me when she does" .

I also think its bad in horror movies like Friday the 13th or Halloween, when it shows a montage of Jason/Michael stabbing loads of victims. Oh....now i know which characters are gonna die now. You can get away with one killing, like showing a head teacher or scout leader or gang leader get killed, cause those characters nearly always die in movies like that.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
4 weeks ago#2
As bad as the last few Terminator movies were, they would have been so much better had they not spoiled everyone with the trailers.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: dom316

dom316
4 weeks ago#3
I'm gonna assume you mean major spoilers or the biggest gags/jokes of the film, in which case I absolutely agree.
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on us! YOU ARE NOT PARALYZED!
R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan

User Info: yutterh

yutterh
4 weeks ago#4
Damaged7 posted...
As bad as the last few Terminator movies were, they would have been so much better had they not spoiled everyone with the trailers.

Which is why i never watch trailers.
MICHALECOLE is the greatest poster of all time
I have literally watched him bang my mom before

User Info: Exodiver

Exodiver
4 weeks ago#5
I would agree, because there are plenty of movies fans would've watched regardless of the trailer. The trailer serves to generate hype, but shouldn't give away much details.
I think MCU do this pretty well, they even use different footage in the trailers.
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous

User Info: Dusk-HD

Dusk-HD
4 weeks ago#6
Exodiver posted...
I think MCU do this pretty well, they even use different footage in the trailers.

No, those are just as bad, bordering on fake advertising.
Remastered in high-definition

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
4 weeks ago#7
Was watching nba finals and a tv spot came up for spiderman and Happy literally says Tony died and those who hadn't seen end-game yet were like wtffffffffff

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
4 weeks ago#8
Gradieus posted...
Was watching nba finals and a tv spot came up for spiderman and Happy literally says Tony died and those who hadn't seen end-game yet were like wtffffffffff

That's month and a half old news though. That's not spoiling something that hasn't premiered yet.

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
4 weeks ago#9
brimicbed posted...
Gradieus posted...

That's month and a half old news though. That's not spoiling something that hasn't premiered yet.

Man we still need to put spoiler tags for ff7 and that was 22 years ago.

User Info: MattVSin

MattVSin
4 weeks ago#10
Damaged7 posted...

Genesys is the worst culprit of this. The 2nd trailer literally showed John Connor is the villain and a machine.
PSN: MattVSin
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. cinematic trailers should not give away spoilers
  • Topic Archived