You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Anyone here hoping that they retcon the Star Wars sequel trilogy?

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
1 week ago#1
Considering that they are the most disliked part of the Canon?

They can keep stuck like the Thrawn books, and the Vader comics, and the Rogue One movie. But does anyone else think that Disney should just retcon and delete the sequel trilogy? Because whats really the point of reading all the new Canon material if they're just gonna do a soft reboot of Star Wars with the introduction of the Skywalkers and the complete erasure of the Jedi Knights?
While America bleeds from its corruption and incompetence, our people rot in fear as the Wild Hunt rides the sky with every full moon!
I'm sure they'll retcon their multi-billion dollar movie franchise in order to appease to people who don't even like their stuff.
"Nope, I learned how to read on Hoth." - Luke Skywalker

User Info: yutterh

yutterh
1 week ago#3
Even if they did, they still couldn't fix anything now. Fisher is dead and the damage is permanent now.

IShall_Run_Amok posted...
I'm sure they'll retcon their multi-billion dollar movie franchise in order to appease to people who don't even like their stuff.

You act like the people who are pissed off at TLJ hate star wars or something.
i7-5820K 3.3GHz, Asus X99-DELUXE, Corsair H110i GTX, 850 EVO 1TB, EVGA GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX2.0, Corsair 760T, EVGA 850W, Orion Spark, Proteus Core, Benq BL3200PT

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 week ago#4
No. People need to grow up.

User Info: thedeerzord

thedeerzord
1 week ago#5
yutterh posted...
Even if they did, they still couldn't fix anything now. Fisher is dead and the damage is permanent now.

Not really :/

They could could still push her death in the universe somehow? Like how Indiana Jones explained his fathers death as him simply dying of old age. They could have done something like that, or maybe instead having her be assassinated since she was a politician.

yutterh posted...

No one here really hates Star Wars.

We just hate The Last Jedi, and smaller percentage of us hate the The Force Awakens.
While America bleeds from its corruption and incompetence, our people rot in fear as the Wild Hunt rides the sky with every full moon!
yutterh posted...

Cool.
"Nope, I learned how to read on Hoth." - Luke Skywalker

User Info: The_Yahtz09

The_Yahtz09
1 week ago#7
Only way ST gets retconned is if they reboot the entire franchise. It is not happening.
Arkansas Razorbacks || Oklahoma City Thunder || Cleveland Sports

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 week ago#8
thedeerzord posted...
No one here really hates Star Wars.

We just hate The Last Jedi, and smaller percentage of us hate the The Force Awakens.

This board has a f***ing funny way of showing it.

User Info: Irrelevant

Irrelevant
1 week ago#9
If they do that might as well retcon the prequels too.
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8513/guyversfightmc1.gif
Snesman64 and I are brothers stop being surprised.

User Info: rockus

rockus
1 week ago#10
yutterh posted...

Cool.
http://thetramp.filmaf.com/owned
http://ReelFilmTome.com
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Anyone here hoping that they retcon the Star Wars sequel trilogy?