• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. What if Civil War had been closer to the comics? *AVENGERS: ENDGAME SPOILERS*

User Info: The Sock

The Sock
1 month ago#1
Like let's say that, in the Captain America: Civil War movie, Tony Stark had resorted to employing supervillains to help his cause (which is what happened in the comics version of the Civil War storyline, pissing a lot of Iron Man fans off to the point where said fans still haven't forgiven Tony Stark to this very day), making him look more like an a****** than he already was because of that movie.

And then the events of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame still occurred, with Tony Stark heroically sacrificing himself to save the universe at the end of Endgame.

Would that have changed your feelings of MCU Tony Stark at all after Endgame?
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're going to see some serious ****.

User Info: CreekCo

CreekCo
1 month ago#2
Up through Infinty War, every single change MCU made was a good one. Civil War in particular.
*Triggered*

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
1 month ago#3
I like the idea, but there really weren't any villains they could've used for that purpose without just introducing brand-new villains. The only Earth-based villain that wasn't killed in their debut movie is Abomination, who would've tipped the power balance way too heavily towards Iron Man's side.

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#4
Comic Civil War was disturbing. Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and Hank Pym embraced straight up fascism and then Captain America gave himself up in the end because "they were right" even though they weren't since they're the ones who instigated that conflict.....

Most of the comic storylines I've read were pretty bad. Civil War 1 and 2 were really messy.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
1 month ago#5
The writers of the movies were smart enough to realize what a horrible idea the original Civil War comic series was.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
1 month ago#6
Endgame posted...
Comic Civil War was disturbing. Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and Hank Pym embraced straight up fascism and then Captain America gave himself up in the end because "they were right" even though they weren't since they're the ones who instigated that conflict.....

Most of the comic storylines I've read were pretty bad. Civil War 1 and 2 were really messy.

The Sally Floyd/Captain America thing was so badly written and has become exponentially more hilarious as it is so outdated.

User Info: camilopezo

camilopezo
1 month ago#7
MCU made Iron Man a sympathetic character, turning him into a fascist again, it would have ruined him.

User Info: jwlim80

jwlim80
1 month ago#8
Stick to the current MCU Civil War scenario, the comic version were too extreme for the sake of drama.

Saying that, true that Stark died a hero, but I would love to see him live long enough to do more....questionable deeds and see how people would react to it. MCU needs more characters that are morally ambiguous without going outright villainous. Killmonger were so close to that and he was the best thing in Black Panther.

User Info: Wing_Phoenix

Wing_Phoenix
1 month ago#9
The main thing I dislike about the movie Civil War is that no one as much as mentions the number of innocent people who would end up dead because of the Avengers delaying their response to a crisis. The kinds of crises the Avengers deal with a delay of even a few minutes could cost thousands or millions of lives.

Or the possibility of Avenger deployment permission being used for blackmail, to force a nation to concede to the council's demands, or even individual council member's demands in exchange for help in a crisis. Or permission being withheld either because the council or council members dislike a nation or nations effected by a crisis or council members feel they or their nations will benefit from the crisis going unchecked.
The most devastating defeat is the one which comes when you have stood on the edge of victory.

User Info: The_Yahtz09

The_Yahtz09
1 month ago#10
The whole Accords plot is painfully stupid. The rest of the movie is really good though.
Arkansas Razorbacks || Oklahoma City Thunder || Cleveland Sports
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. What if Civil War had been closer to the comics? *AVENGERS: ENDGAME SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived