• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. [Endgame spoilers] Could The Avengers have done this instead?

User Info: Torrific

Torrific
3 weeks ago#1
1. Go back in time with Carol and Thor (at least) to before Thanos destroyed the stones.
2. Kill Thanos and grab the stones.

OR

1. Go back in time to grab the Time Stone from The Ancient One.
2. Travel to after Thanos was beheaded and time-restore the Gauntlet to a version with all stones intact.

In the first scenario, the stones need not be returned at all. In both scenarios, Nat would not need to sacrifice herself.

3. Return back to their timeline.
4. Prof Hulk to reverse the snap as usual.
5. Give the stones to the most powerful Avengers. Power/Space/Mind split between Carol and Thor. Time/Reality stones for when Dr Strange/Wanda comes back. That should be enough to kill past Thanos and his entire army without Tony sacrificing himself.

And think of all the good The Avengers could do with the stones that need not be returned.

User Info: MrNintendo

MrNintendo
3 weeks ago#2
Dr Strange -raises one finger-
Skull Kids biggest supporter for Smash Ultimate!
Switch Friend code SW-1447-3440-8035 (KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(message deleted)

User Info: karlaemeterio

karlaemeterio
3 weeks ago#4
No you couldn't do either. What happened happened.

Torrific
3 weeks ago#5
karlaemeterio posted...
No you couldn't do either. What happened happened.

That would mean Strange had no free will. It meant he didn't observe 14M scenarios and imitated the only one that resulted in a win. It meant his timeline was always destined to win.

That means this:

Strange: I went forward in time to see all the possible outcomes of the present situation.

Peter: How many did you see?

Strange: One.

Tony: Did we win?

Strange: Yes. Because what will happen has happened already.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 weeks ago#6
They couldnt go with 2 because they wouldnt have been able to defeat Thanos at full power with the stones.
^ while at Endgame power levels ( you could argue they spend another xx years powering up their tech to be able to match Thanos then go back in time but we never saw that future, we saw 5 years into the future)

Thor is much weaker than his old self and Captain Marvel was away in another universe.. The only reason she joined the final fight was because someone used the pager during the battle.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

Torrific
3 weeks ago#7
MrNintendo posted...
Dr Strange -raises one finger-

I imagine Dr Strange looking at all the 14M scenarios of what he was going to do, tries to do something not contained in those 14M scenarios and found that he wasn't allowed to do it due to some rule of space-time continuum. That would be funny.

Torrific
3 weeks ago#8
lambchips posted...
They couldnt go with 2 because they wouldnt have been able to defeat Thanos at full power with the stones.
^ while at Endgame power levels ( you could argue they spend another xx years powering up their tech to be able to match Thanos then go back in time but we never saw that future, we saw 5 years into the future)

Thor is much weaker than his old self and Captain Marvel was away in another universe.. The only reason she joined the final fight was because someone used the pager during the battle.

Or they could go back further in time and tell past Thor to go for the head. Or send a message to past Quill to tell him not to f*** things up at Titan. It wouldn't directly change their present timeline but at least they would have the stones without sacrificing Nat.

The possibilities are endless once you factor in hindsight and time travel. I call bulls*** on Tony/Nat's sacrifices being the only winning scenario.

User Info: sonicsonic

sonicsonic
3 weeks ago#9
I never expected them to be able to deliver a story so tight that it truly felt like that only 1 in 14,000,000, but I was annoyed as well. In fact my issue wasn't with the time travel possibilities, but more to do with Nebula.

If Nebula didn't get in range of Thanos then he never would've known what was happening. It is too glaring of a flaw and totally undermined Tony's death. The ending fight easily could've been avoided if she went to a different timeline.
Check Out: https://switchera.net/
NNID:SuperSegaSonic PSN:Sonicsuper1

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 weeks ago#10
sonicsonic posted...
If Nebula didn't get in range of Thanos then he never would've known what was happening. It is too glaring of a flaw and totally undermined Tony's death. The ending fight easily could've been avoided if she went to a different timeline.

iirc That was because they only had a small amount of pym particles and can only make a limited amount of jumps, they had to min max periods in time where the stones were in close proximity. so they can gather as many as possible without messing around with too many different timelines.
^ Im pretty sure Nebula would have glitched regardless of which time they sent her to because she was tapping into the same network as past Nebula.. The only way to bypass that was to either let her sit out the time heist or to send her to get the stones before Thanos established the network Nebula operates on.
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. [Endgame spoilers] Could The Avengers have done this instead?
  • Topic Archived