You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The last 2 Marvel movies weren't that good

User Info: omgbread

omgbread
2 days ago#1
Antman and Wasp, and Captain Marvel, were both very vanilla stories with pretty limited execution quality. Infinity War was great but you can't do that too often as it was mainly great b/c of the scale, interactions between so many characters, pacing (given size of conflict), and of course amazing villain.

Not really sure where Marvel is going from here but whatever the Endgame brings it really needs to reset whatever is going on b/c even though we are at the end of phase 3 the last two outings were basically phase 1 Hulk quality...

PS: Yes, I just now watched Captain Marvel ... hence why I may be late to this discussion. I assume it is fairly common knowledge that both it and the last Antman movie were not quality.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
2 days ago#2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9S7KLfCrs

User Info: lordjers

lordjers
2 days ago#3
The 1-2 punch of Ant-Man & The Wasp + Captain Marvel surpassed Iron Man 3 + Thor 2 as far as worst MCU movies go.
Backlog: Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2). Last finished: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) (100%). Splatterhouse 3 (GEN) (All endings). Splatterhouse 2 (GEN).

User Info: FBI9111

FBI9111
2 days ago#4
Did no one else think IronMan 3 was much better than 2?
You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray. - Euron Greyjoy

User Info: Dcrenshaw04

Dcrenshaw04
2 days ago#5
I skipped both. No real interest in either of those movies. Looking forward to Endgame though.
With the patience of a viper, Black eliminated them all.
PSN-Crenshaw4

User Info: TidusDream

TidusDream
2 days ago#6
Antman 2 was ****ing good, it improved on the original in every way

User Info: whitehawk1986

whitehawk1986
2 days ago#7
Ant Man and the Wasp is my least favorite Marvel movie, except maybe The Incredible Hulk.

Captain Marvel was middle of the road in literally every way. Not bad; not really good.
"Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear."

User Info: Zelos_ToS

Zelos_ToS
2 days ago#8
TidusDream posted...
Antman 2 was ****ing good, it improved on the original in every way

This. I don't understand the hatred for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 days ago#9
I liked them both, but Antman and the Wasp is actually one of my favorite Marvel movies.

User Info: mahboi

mahboi
2 days ago#10
FBI9111 posted...
Did no one else think IronMan 3 was much better than 2?

I agree. IM2 was a complete waste of time. IM3 was much more interesting, even if it made some controversial decisions.
Now be on your way!
None shall not pass!
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The last 2 Marvel movies weren't that good