• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The Russos have manipulated audiences from the final Avengers End Game trailer

User Info: BatmanVSuperman

BatmanVSuperman
4 weeks ago#1
https://ign.com/articles/2019/03/19/avengers-endgame-directors-admit-trailers-use-manipulated-shots-footage-not-even-in-the-movie-2

Footage, narrative, and scenes shown aren't in the movie and the plot is something different.

“We talked about all scales of marketing,” said Joe Russo. “The thing that’s most important to us is that we preserve the surprise of the narrative. When I was a kid and saw The Empire Strikes Back at 11am on the day it opened…It so profoundly moved me because I didn’t know a damn thing about the story I was going to watch. We’re trying to replicate that experience.”

User Info: Kai_Koshimoro

Kai_Koshimoro
4 weeks ago#2
How dare they!

They should do what Batman V Superman did and put the entire movie in trailer. I want no surprises!
"A little touch of madness will keep you alive, because no one in the world knows how to tax that." Robin Williams

User Info: Jaded_Dragon

Jaded_Dragon
4 weeks ago#3
Good.
~ Not changing this until the Madden Franchise has a decent running game!
Started 8/24/2009 --- http://suchanerdpod.podomatic.com/

User Info: BatmanVSuperman

BatmanVSuperman
4 weeks ago#4
Kai_Koshimoro posted...
How dare they!

They should do what Batman V Superman did and put the entire movie in trailer. I want no surprises!

AVENGERS: ENDGAME DIRECTORS ADMIT TRAILERS USE MANIPULATED SHOTS, FOOTAGE NOT EVEN IN THE MOVIE

What you think of Avengers End Game from what you saw is currently fake.

User Info: PartRaptor

PartRaptor
4 weeks ago#5
I'm wondering if Tony and Nebula walking with the other Avengers at the end is fake. Not saying they're going to die in space, but the trailer shows how serious their space situation is, but then suddenly we see they're just fine?? It can't be that easy.

User Info: Kai_Koshimoro

Kai_Koshimoro
4 weeks ago#6
BatmanVSuperman posted...
Kai_Koshimoro posted...
How dare they!

AVENGERS: ENDGAME DIRECTORS ADMIT TRAILERS USE MANIPULATED SHOTS, FOOTAGE NOT EVEN IN THE MOVIE

And? Why would I want the entire movie spoiled for me?

"A little touch of madness will keep you alive, because no one in the world knows how to tax that." Robin Williams

User Info: lolife67

lolife67
4 weeks ago#7
How Marketing Works: The Topic

User Info: UnsteadyOwl

UnsteadyOwl
4 weeks ago#8
That's not anything new. The trailers for Civil War and Infinity War had shots that were altered for the trailer in order to not spoil certain plot points. The Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer had a shot of Spider-Man and Iron Man that was created just for the trailer and wasn't in the movie.

You could say in a very technical sense that those trailers are misleading. However, in practice they were fairly representative of the movies they were advertising without containing any major spoilers. It's a pretty safe assumption that the trailers for Endgame are the same. Once the movie comes out we'll know for sure.
They come to Rapture thinking they're gonna be captains of industry, but they all forget that somebody's gotta scrub the toilets.

User Info: OkayPlayer1

OkayPlayer1
4 weeks ago#9
BatmanVSuperman posted...
Kai_Koshimoro posted...
How dare they!

You don't understand anything do you?

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
4 weeks ago#10
Snkboi/BvS troll topic
"Name's Ash. Housewares."
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The Russos have manipulated audiences from the final Avengers End Game trailer
  • Topic Archived