• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I have a feeling they're going to forget about Adam Warlock in Avengers Endgame

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#1
despite him being teased at the end of GotG 2

In the Infinity Gauntlet comic, Adam Warlock led the surviving heroes of Earth to defeat Thanos
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: Eamon696

Eamon696
1 month ago#2
And hopefully they do forget about him. We don't need a character with no prior stake in this story swooping into the finale.

Captain Marvel is already bordering on that, for me anyway (we'll have to see how they handle it in the film).

User Info: Dampproof

Dampproof
1 month ago#3
Devilman_Amon posted...

In the Infinity Gauntlet comic, Adam Warlock led the surviving heroes of Earth to defeat Thanos

There was no time to properly introduce Adam Warlock. Even then they didn't have enough time to even establish all the other cosmic entities either.
"Cyberspace is - or can be - a good, friendly and egalitarian place to meet." - Douglas Adams

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#4
shame

Well the comics does say "Second Thanos War" if that helps...I guess.. : /
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: Overd0s

Overd0s
1 month ago#5
James Gunn is gone. Likely wont be introduced with the current cast still in disarray
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1509133/riversfreedom.gif

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#6
Overd0s posted...
James Gunn is gone. Likely wont be introduced with the current cast still in disarray

But thats just the director. They can still use the writers and still follow what was established in the last two movies.
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#7
Also in the Infinity Gauntlet comic, Thanos was a pure evil megalomaniac whose entire motivation was that was in love with the physical embodiment of Death. And when she kept on brushing him off, he created his own waifu named Teraxia.

.....What worked for comics in the 90s doesn't exactly work for Hollywood in 2019.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#8
Endgame posted...
Also in the Infinity Gauntlet comic, Thanos was a pure evil megalomaniac whose entire motivation was that was in love with the physical embodiment of Death. And when she kept on brushing him off, he created his own waifu named Teraxia.

.....What worked for comics in the 90s doesn't exactly work for Hollywood in 2019.

I know all that I'm just saying they already briefly introduced a powerful character in the MCU called Adam Warlock that in the comics fought alongside the surviving Avengers/Earth's heroes to defeat Thanos.
Death and Teraxia were not introduced in the MCU. So there's a difference there.
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: TrollSlayer11

TrollSlayer11
1 month ago#9
Dampproof posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

There was no time to properly introduce Adam Warlock. Even then they didn't have enough time to even establish all the other cosmic entities either.

They could have done something in Infinity War but they chose not to.

I was also pissed that in the beginning of Infinity War they skipped the taking of the Power stone and the destruction of the Nova Corp/Xandar.

The movie begins and it's just glossed over.

Nova and Adam Warlock are two characters who are very powerful who would be challenges for Thanos and they avoided both of them.
Sunglasses and advil

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
1 month ago#10
Devilman_Amon posted...

He was never meant to show up in Avengers though. That tease was setting up GOTG 3.
"Name's Ash. Housewares."
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. I have a feeling they're going to forget about Adam Warlock in Avengers Endgame
  • Topic Archived