You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Movies you like that others hate

User Info: KManX89

KManX89
1 week ago#1
What are some of your "guilty pleasure" films? To be clear, by this, I mean films with "middling" (or worse) reception from fans, basically films rated in the 6's or lower on movie review sites like IMDb and RT (audience ratings). You can even argue films with low 7's/70's scores that have a lot of haters like MoS.

Some films I like that others hate are:

Transformers (2007)-I know everyone loves to bash the Bayformers films (and for good reason), but I enjoyed the first one a lot. Everything else after was trash IMO, especially 2 and 4. I still haven't seen the 5th one yet, but I heard it's somehow even worse than 2 and 4 SMH.

The Fourth Kind is another film I hear a lot of "meh" things about, but found myself enjoying.

I also found myself enjoying G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra for what it is (the second one sucked). Deeply-flawed film, but it was FUN, unlike G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

I also enjoyed Bad Boys II as a popcorn flick, I must've watched it dozens of times on DVD already. Looking forward to the third movie (Bad Boys for Life).

User Info: Hulkamaniac418

Hulkamaniac418
1 week ago#2
Freddy Got Fingered. Laughed my ass off. Not sure what people were expecting from a Tom green movie
If Dave kicks the chair and James is the TABLE, is that a bad conflict of interest? -overkillwfo1978

User Info: Dcrenshaw04

Dcrenshaw04
1 week ago#3
A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Nowhere near as good as the original but I had fun watching it.
With the patience of a viper, Black eliminated them all.
PSN-Crenshaw4

User Info: robbobmur

robbobmur
1 week ago#4
Batman and Robin

Oscar

Ruthless People

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
1 week ago#5
Far too many. My meat and potatoes are the 35-50% mark on RT. Those over the top action movies, or ridiculous comdies, or dark thrillers. Love them. Critics tend to dislike most of them, but I can't get enough. Throw Liam Neeson on a plane with snakes and I'm f***ing down.
lolAmerica

User Info: B18Champ

B18Champ
1 week ago#6
Hannibal
Predator 2
Gods and Generals

User Info: kangarooz

kangarooz
1 week ago#7
Suckerpunch

User Info: mobilebloechel

mobilebloechel
1 week ago#8
Eurotrip
Ladyhawke
Ready 2 Rumble
Not Another Teen Movie
Cat's Eye
I'm mobile.

User Info: vgplaya89

vgplaya89
1 week ago#9
Sucker punch
DCEU
The last jedi
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i.imgur.com/wpZ31O2.jpg
mobilebloechel posted...
Ladyhawke

Wait, people hate that movie? How?

For me, the first that came to mind was Your Highness. It was panned, the folks who made it didn't even like it... but I gotta say, I laughed my ass off.
The food here is awful. My steak was so tough, halfway through my meal it got up and attacked my coffee and the coffee was too weak to defend itself.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Movies you like that others hate