• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Marvel shift Avengers: Endgame release date in fear of Detective Pikachu?

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 months ago#21
I think Detective Pikachu could do well but I don't think it'll be huge. Pokémon appeals to all ages, but lets face it, it's primarily focused on the younger crowd. Some of which can't even see this movie. The biggest draw will be for people who grew up with it and will be interested in this take on it.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: crazyisgood

crazyisgood
3 months ago#22
Endgame will slaughter Detective Pikachu
Best RPG Boss Battle Bracket Nominations https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else/75722929

User Info: Justin2Krelian

Justin2Krelian
3 months ago#23
Gobstoppers12 posted...
emagdnE posted...

But if you think for a second Pokémon isn't still a huge f***ing deal and wouldn't eat into Avengers 4's profits.....

It's a huge deal, but it's more a toy/game/trading card thing. Their movies don't make much money at all, comparatively.

This really isn’t comparable to the old animated movies. iirc only the first 3 got significant theatrical releases over here anyway.
-J2K

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
3 months ago#24
Justin2Krelian posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
emagdnE posted...

But if you think for a second Pokémon isn't still a huge f***ing deal and wouldn't eat into Avengers 4's profits.....

It's a huge deal, but it's more a toy/game/trading card thing. Their movies don't make much money at all, comparatively.

This really isn’t comparable to the old animated movies. iirc only the first 3 got significant theatrical releases over here anyway.

The first movie had a s*** ton of hype though.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Marvel shift Avengers: Endgame release date in fear of Detective Pikachu?
  • Topic Archived