• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Marvel shift Avengers: Endgame release date in fear of Detective Pikachu?

User Info: AzureVergil

AzureVergil
10 months ago#11
Only 10 years old virgins still think Pokemon is cool. We aren't in the late '90 anymore.
PSN: kidhero99
I fully supports Donald Trump. Stop sending me hatemails, illegal immgrants. November 8th 2016: America will be great again!

User Info: FGAssassinMit

FGAssassinMit
10 months ago#12
Lol yeah Marvel isn't worried about Detective Pikachu. It's not gonna affect their sales in the slightest.
PSN-griffyrules915

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
10 months ago#13
Avengers is the one movie that can get any trailer out and obliterate the competition without effort.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: Gary Stanton

Gary Stanton
10 months ago#14
BachRocks posted...
It seems the incredible response to the DP trailer and the popularity of Pokemon has shown that it is a potential $1+ Billion grosser and Marvel did not want its earnings to be eaten into.

HAHAHAhahaha......
Please, Pokemon should be afraid of a tried, tested and proven movie series like the MCU, not the other way around. Hell, even a Non-MCU Marvel film (X-Men, Deadpool, even FF) would have nothing to fear from Pokemon.

BachRocks posted...
Pokemon is HUGE, the biggest franchise of all time. I am certain it will take a minimum of $100+ million opening weekend in the US and cross $1 billion worldwide.

"Biggest Franchise" as in cinema? No.
"Biggest Franchise" as in pop culture? Hell no.
You forget something: Detective Pikachu is a video game movie, it will be a miracle if it makes $100M overall in America alone. But a video game movie making $1 Billion worldwide?
Hahahaha....not even China can help make that happen.
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake

User Info: Newmoon

Newmoon
10 months ago#15
AzureVergil posted...
Only 10 years old virgins still think Pokemon is cool. We aren't in the late '90 anymore.

I’m afraid to think what the 10 year old non-virgins think is cool.
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade

User Info: Jeremy3eb

Jeremy3eb
10 months ago#16
TIL that there is a Pokemon movie coming out next year.

User Info: Gobstoppers12

Gobstoppers12
10 months ago#17
Does anybody actually think Detective Pikachu is going to be a billion dollar movie? Pokemon is big, but its movies aren't really gigantic hits. Even at the height of the Pokemon frenzy, the first movie made $85 million domestically, and each subsequent release decreased by half of the previous, until number 4 which made under $2 million. Many of them don't even get a theatrical release anymore.

Detective Pikachu is a niche concept; it's not a traditional Pokemon story. It'll make money because it's a unique gimmick and has Ryan Reynolds attached, but don't expect it to be a huge blockbuster.
I write Naruto Fanfiction.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
10 months ago#18
"Biggest Franchise" as in pop culture? Hell no.

Hell yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Avengers 4 would beat Detective Pikachu if they released in the same week simply because Avengers 4 is the culmination of 11 years worth of films and is the follow up to Infinity War which had perhaps the biggest cultural impact of any film since A New Hope.

But if you think for a second Pokémon isn't still a huge f***ing deal and wouldn't eat into Avengers 4's profits.....
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: Gobstoppers12

Gobstoppers12
10 months ago#19
emagdnE posted...

But if you think for a second Pokémon isn't still a huge f***ing deal and wouldn't eat into Avengers 4's profits.....

It's a huge deal, but it's more a toy/game/trading card thing. Their movies don't make much money at all, comparatively.
I write Naruto Fanfiction.

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
10 months ago#20
AzureVergil posted...

The ironic thing is that Detective Pikachu is probably gonna make way more money than the actual Pokémon anime movies earned way back then.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Marvel shift Avengers: Endgame release date in fear of Detective Pikachu?
  • Topic Archived