• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Marvel shift Avengers: Endgame release date in fear of Detective Pikachu?

User Info: BachRocks

BachRocks
3 months ago#1
Avengers 4 is going to be massive, but its initial release date was just 1 week before Detective Pikachu. Now it is 2 weeks before. It seems the incredible response to the DP trailer and the popularity of Pokemon has shown that it is a potential $1+ Billion grosser and Marvel did not want its earnings to be eaten into.
Pokemon is HUGE, the biggest franchise of all time. I am certain it will take a minimum of $100+ million opening weekend in the US and cross $1 billion worldwide. Its appeal is multigenerational and noone would want to miss it if the word of mouth is positive.

User Info: WallStreetWolf

WallStreetWolf
3 months ago#2
Do you want points for detecting the obvious or something
PWB's most diehard Rampaiger - Met Paige , followed by her on Twitter

User Info: BachRocks

BachRocks
3 months ago#3
WallStreetWolf posted...
Do you want points for detecting the obvious or something

I find it amusing how Marvel had to move their biggest film ever instead of Warner Bros moving Detective Pikachu. I hope now WB moves Detective Pikachu to May 3. That would be hilarious.
But they won't because Shazam is releasing as well.

User Info: Akagami_Shanks

Akagami_Shanks
3 months ago#4
They moved Avengers 3 up a week to April 27th, so they moved Avengers 4 up a week too. Why do you think Marvel cares about Detective Pikachu?
PSN and XBL: Tyruler50, Switch FC: 4538-0715-0699
Steam: TYmaster50, Battlenet: TYmaster50#1751

User Info: WallStreetWolf

WallStreetWolf
3 months ago#5
Akagami_Shanks posted...
They moved Avengers 3 up a week to April 27th, so they moved Avengers 4 up a week too. Why do you think Marvel cares about Detective Pikachu?

They moved it up a week because another movie got moved up a week. I can't remember what

Anyway, this isn't about either studio being scared, but about them both wanting to maximize the profits. I'm sure Warner Bros. is actually happy just as much, but logic never prevails on this forum
PWB's most diehard Rampaiger - Met Paige , followed by her on Twitter

Akagami_Shanks
3 months ago#6
WallStreetWolf posted...
Akagami_Shanks posted...

They moved it up a week because another movie got moved up a week. I can't remember what

Anyway, this isn't about either studio being scared, but about them both wanting to maximize the profits. I'm sure Warner Bros. is actually happy just as much, but logic never prevails on this forum

Deadpool moved up 2 weeks in January to avoid Star Wars(which flopped anyway) and Infinity War moved up a week in March.. Marvel has nothing to worry about anyway. I doubt people would skip on watching Infinity War part 2 to see a video game movie.

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
3 months ago#7
Marvel doesn't fear Detective Pikachu they fear Russian Bootleggers.
Welcome to Gamefaqs. They finally have an edit button.

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
3 months ago#8
WallStreetWolf posted...

They moved it up so that it would be released simultaneously worldwide.
"Name's Ash. Housewares."

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
3 months ago#9
I mean they moved Deadpool from June to May, but that's not really why they moved Avengers up. Avengers can be released any month and it'd still open to 250m+
lolAmerica

Akagami_Shanks
3 months ago#10
ClayGuida posted...
I mean they moved Deadpool from June to May, but that's not really why they moved Avengers up. Avengers can be released any month and it'd still open to 250m+

^

Detective Pikachu isn't even on Marvels radar. Maybe if it was something like Ant Man they'd be slightly worried, but Detective Pikachu is the one that should be worried
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Did Marvel shift Avengers: Endgame release date in fear of Detective Pikachu?
  • Topic Archived