• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Black Widow and power inflation **IW SPOILERS**

User Info: -Kicksave-

-Kicksave-
3 years ago#1
I get that she has to become more powerful than human in order to hang with the Avengers, but lol.

Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight are basically fighting Vision (who is more powerful than Ultron and any 10 Iron Man suits) and Scarlett Witch (a borderline reality bender).

Along comes a peak gymnast level human being in Black Widow and she's trading hits with these two villains? Her arms would shatter if she blocked one of their strikes with her weapon. Proxima kicks her in the chest at point, which should have had the effect of a missile on her human frame.

Cap's head also should have exploded when Thanos (who pounded Hulk into submission) punched him.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Rico, YOU know what to DO!

User Info: LethalAffinity

LethalAffinity
3 years ago#2

User Info: SoundNetwork

SoundNetwork
3 years ago#3
Vision got sucker punched and couldn't use his phasing powers. He's also never demonstrated great acrobatics since he relies on phasing so without it he's a glass cannon

User Info: GrAyFoX312k

GrAyFoX312k
3 years ago#4
I think the only reason they stood a chance against them was because they handing off the alien spear to one another during the fight. Really shows that their power levels are directly related to their weapons. Also they had a surprise round.
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" -Grayfox

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
3 years ago#5
I guess this would be like my one complaint about this film. Yet another film where she isn't used correctly.
She's a spy. She knows some kung-fu. That's it.
Iron Man 2 and Winter Soldier are the only films where she's been powered appropriately. Even in Civil War she takes a grenade in a truck with just a guy between her and is fine, otherwise I would include that film.
I find it ridiculous seeing her punching and kicking to death aliens like they were nothing. This isn't her arena yet these Avengers films put her on almost equal footing with Cap.
FFVII Remake: A disaster in the making.
I'll laugh at whatever I find funny whether you like it or not.

User Info: JustinBiebah

JustinBiebah
3 years ago#6
That's one of the reasons why the movie is wack
This user has no signature

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
3 years ago#7
The Black Widow has been enhanced by biotechnology that makes her body resistant to aging and disease and heals at an above human rate;[66] as well as psychological conditioning that suppresses her memory of true events as opposed to implanted ones of the past without the aid of specially designed system suppressant drugs.[volume & issue needed]

The white blood cells in her body are efficient enough to fight off any microbe, foreign body and others from her body, keeping her healthy and immune to most, if not all infections, diseases and disorders.[volume & issue needed]

Her agility is greater than that of an Olympic gold medalist. She can coordinate her body with balance, flexibility, and dexterity easily.[67]

Simply put, she's an enhanced human just like Cap and Black Panther.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
Thank You for Your Irrelevant Opinion.

User Info: Buzz_Lightyear

Buzz_Lightyear
3 years ago#8
SeamusOHassey posted...
The Black Widow has been enhanced by biotechnology that makes her body resistant to aging and disease and heals at an above human rate;[66] as well as psychological conditioning that suppresses her memory of true events as opposed to implanted ones of the past without the aid of specially designed system suppressant drugs.[volume & issue needed]

The white blood cells in her body are efficient enough to fight off any microbe, foreign body and others from her body, keeping her healthy and immune to most, if not all infections, diseases and disorders.[volume & issue needed]

Her agility is greater than that of an Olympic gold medalist. She can coordinate her body with balance, flexibility, and dexterity easily.[67]

Simply put, she's an enhanced human just like Cap and Black Panther.

I mean, it makes her feats a lot more understandable, but when is this ever stated? Also, Hawkeye makes a pretty bug deal about just being a regular human, and he's evenly matched with Black Widow.

User Info: lolife67

lolife67
3 years ago#9
How is she different than any other action star? The genre is all about "normal" humans doing superhuman things that aren't realistic. This is a silly complaint.

Plus, she was almost killed by Proxima twice. Cap and Wanda saved her.

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
3 years ago#10
Raw skill and strategy can make up for a lack of raw power. Glaive and Midnight came prepared to fight Vision, but they didn't anticipate fighting a highly skilled martial artist. It's perfectly logical that someone as skilled as Black Widow could out maneuver Midnight, take her weapon, and use it against her. Vision and Wanda also have far less combat experience than Black Widow.
We should strive to create a world of love and compassion. It may take a lot of time and effort, but it can be done.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Black Widow and power inflation **IW SPOILERS**
  • Topic Archived