Call Me By Your Name (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Call Me By Your Name (Spoilers)

User Info: mvaghi9

mvaghi9
7 months ago#1
Was anyone else literally frozen during the final credits? Chalamet absolutely nailed that scene. Also Armie Hammer is Jon Hamm
Nets > Knicks, MVaghi9 > Uncgiam. REMIX

User Info: KronoCloud

KronoCloud
7 months ago#2
I thought it was a bit much. I appreciated the performance but it contained one of my biggest movie ending pet peeves; when an actor looks directly at the camera in some sort of fourth wall breaking/meta moment.
Musical output: soundcloud.com/jayphilly
dotwav.blogspot.com

User Info: CiIantro

CiIantro
6 months ago#3
Amazing movie. Highly recommend.

User Info: excoverer

excoverer
6 months ago#4
mvaghi9 posted...
Was anyone else literally frozen during the final credits? Chalamet absolutely nailed that scene. Also Armie Hammer is Jon Hamm

I was amazed by it too. I would have also liked if he had a voice over of the final paragraph from the book, because the final paragraph from the book was mesmerizing and incredible writing, but I thought Chalamet was amazing during the scene. He really deserved the Best Actor nomination.

Have a good day!

User Info: unknownguy1

unknownguy1
6 months ago#5
Had trouble moving from my seat when it was over. Same thing happened at the end of Phantom Thread for me.

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
6 months ago#6
Nope. Boring movie. Unconvincing performances. Only praised because critics are afraid of backlash if they don't like gay movies. It was a gay movie written by a straight dude and acted by straight dudes.
"Why must it always be pandemonium?!"

User Info: NikoIai

NikoIai
6 months ago#7
I didnt realize it was supposed to be a gay romance. Whats gay about letting Armie Hammer f*** you?
I did it for The Motherland

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
6 months ago#8
NikoIai posted...
I didnt realize it was supposed to be a gay romance. Whats gay about letting Armie Hammer f*** you?

HE DIDN'T EVEN LET HIM EAT THE WHOLE PEACH FFS.
"Why must it always be pandemonium?!"

User Info: BigLargeHuge

BigLargeHuge
6 months ago#9
stargazer64 posted...
It was a gay movie written by a straight dude and acted by straight dudes.

Okay, so maybe the actors are straight (maybe?). And I don't think the author of the book is gay, but the screenwriter, James Ivory, is gay, and the director, Luca Guadagnino, is gay. So it's a thoroughly gay movie, brah.
cabbage

User Info: RebelElite791

RebelElite791
6 months ago#10
The characters are bi, not gay. Just fyi.
http://i.imgur.com/MS5SvzN.gif
https://i.imgur.com/ahQpG57.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Call Me By Your Name (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived