Forbes: The Last Jedi collapsing at the box office

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Forbes: The Last Jedi collapsing at the box office

User Info: SlightlySychotic

SlightlySychotic
4 months ago#61
Lugenpresse posted...
VRX3000 posted...
Remember, Empire Strikes Back was also considered not as good as the original when it first came out. Years later it was considered the best. Also when Episode 1 came out, people loved it at first. Initial reactions to Star Wars films are now the end all be all.

Wrong on both accounts. Jesus the shilling is nonstop

You keep telling yourself that. If part 9 is dumb as a sack of rocks I’m holding it against everyone who called everything they didn’t like a “plot hole.”
Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Schadenfreude is an ugly thing but, then, I'm not a particularly attractive man."

User Info: TheShadowViper

TheShadowViper
4 months ago#62
Queen_of_Lazy89 posted...
SamuriChameleon posted...
Honestly, I enjoyed it, but I don't think it deserves to make a billion. Not saying it should flop. I just don't think it deserves a billion.

It'll make a billion at the very least. It's not touching TFA's total gross but it is going to out gross RO which broke a billion.

This is Hollywood, there are these things called projections. Budgets are made far in advance, they expected this movie to do VERY WELL and have allocated their budgets accordingly. Should this movie make a significantly smaller haul than was projected, executives actually have to do work. They don't like that.

Stop acting like people thought a Star Wars movie was ever gonna bomb and realize that Hollywood executives make decisions based on projections.

The middle entry in the main Star Wars series should be doing better, period.

Lugenpresse posted...
VRX3000 posted...
Remember, Empire Strikes Back was also considered not as good as the original when it first came out. Years later it was considered the best. Also when Episode 1 came out, people loved it at first. Initial reactions to Star Wars films are now the end all be all.

Wrong on both accounts. Jesus the shilling is nonstop

You can find solace in the fact these shills will be gone in about a week. And yes, Empire was disliked by critics, not audiences on release. VRX3000 lied by omission.

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
4 months ago#63
theRedDeath posted...
Well that's a bummer. I don't think this film deserves half the hate it's getting.

---

Not entirely but it does deserve a fair bit of hate, especially the director. That jack as new what he was doing at what it would come to.
Rowlet is the best new starter for Pokemon. Try and prove otherwise.

User Info: XGeass

XGeass
4 months ago#64
SlightlySychotic posted...
No good will come of this. If this movie underperforms Disney will bend you over backwards appeasing the knee jerk crowd. Snoke will be brought back as body-swapping ghost god. They will find some asinine way to resurrect Luke Skywalker and make him the star. They will add some pedantically sweet tone that’ll make the Ewoks look like Gremlins. The dumbing down will be legendary. 😔

Compared to where the story is at currently, literally none of that is a bad thing.
Rowlet is the best new starter for Pokemon. Try and prove otherwise.

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
4 months ago#65
No good will come of this. If this movie underperforms Disney will bend you over backwards appeasing the knee jerk crowd. Snoke will be brought back as body-swapping ghost god. They will find some asinine way to resurrect Luke Skywalker and make him the star. They will add some pedantically sweet tone that’ll make the Ewoks look like Gremlins. The dumbing down will be legendary. 😔

Body-swapped Snoke vs. Gandalf-the-White-styled resurrected Luke? Hell f***ing yes, sign me up for some of that.

User Info: J E S U S

J E S U S
4 months ago#66
Alphrin posted...

Body-swapped Snoke vs. Gandalf-the-White-styled resurrected Luke? Hell f***ing yes, sign me up for some of that.

Id take that over more of what I got from the last Jedi
*imaginary*

User Info: Snight01

Snight01
4 months ago#67
Terrible movie
The Last Tiger Left Alive.

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
4 months ago#68
Updates estimates are a big drop with $71.7M (-67%)..

User Info: Queen_of_Lazy89

Queen_of_Lazy89
4 months ago#69
brimicbed posted...
Updates estimates are a big drop with $71.7M (-67%)..

And to add more

http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

It's still significantly ahead of Rogue One.
"Going to the Grand Canyon" is how Limbaugh's doctor refers to giving Limbaugh a colonoscopy-Kavatar

User Info: LostSeason7

LostSeason7
4 months ago#70
Forbes published an article months before Last Jedi came out saying it'll be the most front-loaded Star Wars movie.
Can't get a job because I don't have experience. Can't get experience because I don't have a job.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Forbes: The Last Jedi collapsing at the box office

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived