• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. After The Last Jedi, I'm convinced Disney pays for reviews

User Info: Cris888

Cris888
3 years ago#1
Movie receives mixed reviews from fans, but from critics, not only is it Certified Fresh, but freaking 90 something percent

Even if indirectly, I'm convinced reviewers have incentives to score their movies well. It's only going to be more blatant now that Disney has swallowed up Fox
PSN/XBL: LACris88

User Info: nyrovonn

nyrovonn
3 years ago#2
Rian Johnson must have a ton of friends in Hollywood or Disney has gotten so powerful that critics actually fear bad mouthing them for their own career at this point.
BURR!

User Info: lilORANG

lilORANG
3 years ago#3
I don't think they literally bribe for reviews, but I think critics are kind of scared of dissing something that's both as huge as star wars and owned by someone as huge as disney.

Either the rabid fans will dox them or disney will withhold access or something.

User Info: Zithers

Zithers
3 years ago#4
Has an A Cinema Score which is scored by audiences.

The only people who don't like it are the geeks who are giant losers that spend too much time creating fan theories about who Snoke and Rey and everyone else are... and want fan service crap like Luke Skywalker going full-blown Jedi master on everyone's asses instead of focusing on the new characters.

For the record, film critics aren't the kinds of people I just described.

User Info: Cris888

Cris888
3 years ago#5
lilORANG posted...
I don't think they literally bribe for reviews, but I think critics are kind of scared of dissing something that's both as huge as star wars and owned by someone as huge as disney.

Indeed

For there to be practically zero divisiveness among critics is odd, particularly when the level of divisiveness among fans is so high. Currently at 57% audience score

I wouldn't be suspicious of a 65-75 rt score, but over 90 is just ridiculous
PSN/XBL: LACris88

User Info: TommyG663513

TommyG663513
3 years ago#6
It is definitely getting too much critic praise. The movie has a lot of issues.
just tell them all your base doesn't belong to us because we were getting stoned...they'll understand-Ken156

User Info: Brandy1977

Brandy1977
3 years ago#7
Zithers posted...
Has an A Cinema Score which is scored by audiences.

The only people who don't like it are the geeks who are giant losers that spend too much time creating fan theories about who Snoke and Rey and everyone else are... and want fan service crap like Luke Skywalker going full-blown Jedi master on everyone's asses instead of focusing on the new characters.

For the record, film critics aren't the kinds of people I just described.

The set ups things like who Snoke is,who Rey's parents are and such were done for people to speculate about.All without payoff.You sound a bit bitter,this movie was just bad.

Zithers
3 years ago#8
Brandy1977 posted...

The set ups things like who Snoke is,who Rey's parents are and such were done for people to speculate about.All without payoff.You sound a bit bitter,this movie was just bad.

There isn't a setup for Snoke. He's just there commanding Kylo and Hux. No one in the movie is questioning who he is or where he's from. If you start speculating who Snoke is, that's on you.

Nobody cares who Rey's parents are except for her. And they wound up being nobodies. The Skywalker saga is over. If you were hoping for a Snoke or Skywalker twist... guess what, you'd be getting Force Awakens 2.0 where we have the same plot beats and you'd be b****ing.

Anyway, you don't need a lineage to be a hero or force sensitive. You can from anything and lead a rebellion against pure evil. Saying that you must have magical genes from magical parents to be a Jedi is... a very dumb way of thinking. Like saying Tom Brady must have had great football players for parents to become the GOAT when in fact his parents were not great football players.

User Info: CloverKitten

CloverKitten
3 years ago#9
Zithers posted...

I dislike TLJ and not a word of your assumption applies to me.

Zithers
3 years ago#10
CloverKitten posted...
Zithers posted...

I dislike TLJ and not a word of your assumption applies to me.

Then you just have bad taste in movies.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. After The Last Jedi, I'm convinced Disney pays for reviews
  • Topic Archived