Detective Pikachu is gonna be another Ryan Reynolds bomb

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Detective Pikachu is gonna be another Ryan Reynolds bomb

User Info: Sonic23004

Sonic23004
4 months ago#1
this is gonna flop big time. I don't see anything more than $30 M opening weekend.
Gameplay is a major part of video games, yes. But it isn't what makes video gamed great.
-UltimaSora91

User Info: Phantom_Nook

Phantom_Nook
4 months ago#2
Whose balls did he have to fondle to get the part, and what does their name rhyme with?
When a girl has sex with a bunch of guys, they call her a slut, but when a guy does it, they call him gay. ~ Antifar

User Info: Master X

Master X
4 months ago#3
This will never flop. The sheer collective will of Pokemon fans will make sure it succeeds. Whether it's good or not is debatable. If Detective Pikachu isn't a cheeky little, smooth talking salty bastard chasing skirt shots and chucking whisky down while working a case I'll be disappointed.

^Yeah, I know I will be.
"For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."

User Info: LostSeason7

LostSeason7
4 months ago#4
Pokemon is still pretty popular. Sure, it wasn't like it used to be in the 90's but it's still a strong franchise. When I saw I Choose You last month the theater was full.
Can't get a job because I don't have experience. Can't get experience because I don't have a job.

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
4 months ago#5
I wonder why they chose a title that was never released outside of Japan though.

That said the creator of Gravity Falls is one of the writers so maybe it will be entertaining.
No sig.

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
4 months ago#6
Just like Deadpool.
I am not economically viable.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Detective Pikachu is gonna be another Ryan Reynolds bomb

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived