The Disaster Artist is excellent

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The Disaster Artist is excellent

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
2 months ago#1
Just got back from seeing it. The cast is brilliant and the Franco brothers are great in it, James especially so. It's scary how much he looks and sounds like the real Tommy Wiseau. Pretty much every time he did the weird little fake laugh was amazing and got a big laugh from the audience.

The little pre-credits side-by-side scene comparison was really good. They worked really hard to make the characters even have the same little twitches and movements as the originals.
Fire Bucket

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
2 months ago#2
Agreed, was a great film

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
2 months ago#3
Should I watch The Room before I see it?
i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | GTX 980 Ti | 500GB 960 EVO

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 months ago#4
Absolutely watch the first film. But watch it was some friends and go in expecting to laugh and be really confused.

I watched it with a group of about five people the first time and we then watched it again the next day and made a drinking game of it.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
2 months ago#5
MyDogSkip posted...

I've never watched it start to finish, but you can watch super cut kind of view on Youtube and some interviews with Wiseau to understand what you're getting into.

I will add that the only reason I never watched it is for the reasons @da_StoOge said. Never had enough friends at once willing to watch it.
Fire Bucket

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
2 months ago#6
To be honest, I still watch the film by myself at times and just laugh out loud to myself.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Zeratul75

Zeratul75
2 months ago#7
MyDogSkip posted...

Definitely.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. The Disaster Artist is excellent

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived