Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

User Info: justme01588

justme01588
5 months ago#1
Finally got around to seeing it last night and wow, what a gigantic pile of **** that was. So basically, no matter what happens, under no circumstances can Spiderman die. That's what I learned from this movie. Spiderman is literally invincible. Why even have these movies anymore? Clearly there is no suspense. He cannot die. Simple as that. Spider man lives - just end it there.

I mean, hundreds of thousands of pounds of concrete falling on him? Pfft, thats nothing to spidey. Surviving a plane crash from thousands and thousands of feet in the air? Just another day. Being smashed in the face by the villian who is basically all metal over and over? Doesn't even leave a mark. The movie even contradicts itself by having spideys suit tell him that falling from the tower would be "certain death", implying that death is somehow possible, when we later find out in the movie that just simply isn't the case.

Seriously, why watch these movies anymore? I mean I know super hero movies are generally over the top but this was just laughable. Like practical joke bad. Everyone I watched it with picked up on it. Like how did the internet not explode over this? Maybe it did and I just wasn't around for it but damn....that was just absurd.

Oh and the villain sucked.
Top 5 Games of All-Time: MGS3, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Streets of Rage 2, MGS1

User Info: LuigiRok

LuigiRok
5 months ago#2
He has the proportional durability of a spider. The only thing that can kill him is a rolled-up newspaper or a giant shoe.

User Info: TheShadowGod

TheShadowGod
5 months ago#3
Is this your first comic book movie?
General stability and performance improvements

User Info: Ballstopshere

Ballstopshere
5 months ago#4
If it was a DCEU film those would be valid complaints and it would be panned as the worst movie ever.

But since its the MCU.........tc must be a troll!

User Info: bulletproofvita

bulletproofvita
5 months ago#5
TheShadowGod posted...

https://i.imgur.com/I5SSaZI.gifv
PSN: bulletproofvita

User Info: CreekCo

CreekCo
5 months ago#6
Well, as far as canon goes... he's directly dealt with Death several times so it's actually kinda legit. The bad guy did go out of their way to deal with him in the Infinity Gauntlet series, in context.
*Triggered*

User Info: NewerMernardi

NewerMernardi
5 months ago#7
Ballstopshere posted...
If it was a DCEU film those would be valid complaints and it would be panned as the worst movie ever.

But since its the MCU.........tc must be a troll!

https://i.imgur.com/nCn7Ysc.jpg

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
5 months ago#8
justme01588 posted...
Finally got around to seeing it last night and wow, what a gigantic pile of **** that was. So basically, no matter what happens, under no circumstances can Spiderman die. That's what I learned from this movie. Spiderman is literally invincible. Why even have these movies anymore? Clearly there is no suspense. He cannot die. Simple as that. Spider man lives - just end it there.

...no f***ing s***. I don't know why you would go into a movie, a superhero movie no less, expecting the main character to die. Even if they did die it wouldn't stick.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
5 months ago#9
I don't get this. You want the movie to somehow make you believe that Spiderman is going to die in his very first MCU solo film?
Empty the Tanks.
Ivory Free.

User Info: tommy vercetti 2

tommy vercetti 2
5 months ago#10
TheShadowGod posted...
"Every story must have an ending," Auron
FC: 4425-2784-9455
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming was atrocious....spoilers, I guess.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived