Why CinemaSins is Terrible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why CinemaSins is Terrible

User Info: CloverKitten

CloverKitten
8 months ago#11
I mean, they were always bad, but at least when the videos were short not only was there less bulls*** but there was less bulls*** per minute and a lot less room for mouth-breathers to think they just saw something comparable to watching the actual movie.

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
8 months ago#12
lilORANG posted...
the videos have gotten longer. It kinda worked in the early days when they'd do 5 minute videos and just point out weird continuity mistakes but now they do 20 minute videos picking apart the color of the wallpaper

To be honest that's become the worst trend on YT lol. "Long videos cause me found out something vital" and nothing else. Not to forget a lot of clickbait where Youtubers have these lame ass filler videos talking about nothing relevant to the title lol.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen: FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Friday the 13th

User Info: Timothy_Foil

Timothy_Foil
8 months ago#13
I don't understand the point of the deep analysis of Cinema Sins. It's empty fluff that's easily digested in the world's biggest supply depot of empty fluff: YouTube. You can grab just about any of the massively popular channels on the medium and pick it apart for its actual merits but at the end of the day why would you even bother?

The fact of the matter is that Cinema Sins and the rest of the channels that would fall in line as its ilk are produced for people who simply just want their empty fluff for the hour they watch YT videos before they go to bed. This video is like going up to that person in bed and starting to give them lessons in film analysis and what actually makes a good film. That person would yawn and ask you to get the hell out of their room.

And that's not to demean those people at all, hell I have liked some Cinema Sins videos in the past (the joke has honestly run its course for me and it's obvious they just churn them out for YouTube Money anymore but that's most of YT) and sometimes I just want to watch something stupid and have a laugh. Yet other times I'll watch something with a deeper meaning and more effort put into it.

I don't know, just my opinion on that whole angle of it. Not to really speak at any length about the actual criticisms towards CS the video puts forth. Seems like leading a crusade against Cinema Sins when that's not likely going to accomplish anything whereas making something original and puts forth the effort the guy who made the video desires (and I'm assuming he has if he's this passionate about CS).
The Dallas Cowboys
It's the Deke and Zak show now!

User Info: Timothy_Foil

Timothy_Foil
8 months ago#14
Robin_Mask posted...
To be honest that's become the worst trend on YT lol. "Long videos cause me found out something vital" and nothing else. Not to forget a lot of clickbait where Youtubers have these lame ass filler videos talking about nothing relevant to the title lol.

It's because of the revenue stream I believe. Not 100% certain but they have to be such and such length to qualify for different ad possibilities or something like that. It's obvious when you look at some YTers who all have the same length videos with mostly nothing to pad them.
The Dallas Cowboys
It's the Deke and Zak show now!

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
8 months ago#15
Timothy_Foil posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

It's because of the revenue stream I believe. Not 100% certain but they have to be such and such length to qualify for different ad possibilities or something like that. It's obvious when you look at some YTers who all have the same length videos with mostly nothing to pad them.

That explains it. Same reason I just watch short ass clips of shows or interviews most of the time now. It's gotten ridiculous.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen: FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Friday the 13th

User Info: Akagami_Shanks

Akagami_Shanks
8 months ago#16
I like CinemaSins tbh they're pretty funny and point out things I didn't notice before in the movie on my first watch.
http://i.imgur.com/MFTpPuq.jpg

User Info: 3khc

3khc
8 months ago#17
I like when EWW points out as many errors as possible. Dislike opinionated nitpicking and jokes.
----
-----

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
8 months ago#18
Timothy_Foil posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Once your video is 10 minutes or more in length, you can add multiple ads to it.

User Info: Kastrada

Kastrada
8 months ago#19
CloverKitten posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
They already confirmed of them just being a******s for the hell of it lol. Their videos aren't legit critiques and they confirmed it lol.

They've also said the exact opposite, timecode included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELEAsGoP-5I&t=5m43s

To think ALL of their sins are honest critiques is asinine though. They are a comedy channel. And comedy, at it's root, is about pointing out the flaws in society/culture/etc..

So sure, SOME of their sins are legit criticisms. But that isn't to say their comedy sins hold the same weight.

Questioning why GoTG is playing big battles in the background for cheap laughs is a criticism people have for a lot of stuff. Game of Thrones in Season 2 (?) comes to mind. But it's not on the same level as "EARN THAT PAYCHECK TYRESE".

>_>
PoW '09 Topic of the Year Co-Winners (Rada and Texy) FFD

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
8 months ago#20
The issue with CS is that despite being a joke, and very much admitting so people still take them seriously. I seen viewers if theirs s*** on legitimately great movies becuase they they've given it high sin counts.

And some of their reviews are bais as hell. The jungle book being one of th3 more famous. S**** on its top tier CGI, and so called unexplained plot points explained literally within 10 seconds.

Of wondering wtf a tiger is doing in the jungle, even though its speacies werenna5ive to that area before going extinct.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why CinemaSins is Terrible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived