• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Is "The Incredible Hulk" really part of the MCU?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
3 years ago#1
I never thought it was, but I recently discovered that apparently it's supposed to be? ... Really?

Besides the actor being completely different, the Bruce Banner in TIH is completely different then the one in the MCU movies. And what happened to Betty Ross & Samuel Sterns (Mr. Blue)? Bruce just forget about Betty?

Nothing that happens in TIH is referenced in the MCU movies & vice versa.
Just because something is fictional doesn't mean it's not real.
-Find me on Reddit and Twitter @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
3 years ago#2
It IS an MCU film.
It was made by Marvel Studios, but distributed by Universal. Ed Norton left the role after the movie because he and the studio didn't get along. Tony Stark appears in the post-credits scene.

So yeah, it's an MCU movie. The 2003 Hulk movie is not, though.

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
3 years ago#3
Of course it is. Off the top of my head...

In the Avengers, Banner referenced the Abomination fight as well as the deleted scene where he tried to commit suicide.

One of the Marvel One Shots retconned the post credit scene with Tony Stark and General Ross to have a different context.

General Ross appeared in Civil War.

Agents of SHIELD mentioned Abomination being locked up in a facility in Alaska.

A prelude Avengers comic showed Black Widow taking down The Leader/Mr Blue moments after he transformed. We later see him locked up in SHIELD.
"Name's Ash. Housewares."

User Info: _Spider_Venom

_Spider_Venom
3 years ago#4
Also Mark Ruffalo was originally one of the top choices to play Banner in TIH but the studio heads at Universal wanted Ed Norton.
"Name's Ash. Housewares."

User Info: lilORANG

lilORANG
3 years ago#5
Thunderbolt Ross was in both TIH and Civil War. The end of TIH featured Tony Stark talking about the Avengers. It's clearly in the same universe.

User Info: rexcrk

rexcrk
3 years ago#6
lilORANG posted...
Thunderbolt Ross was in both TIH and Civil War. The end of TIH featured Tony Stark talking about the Avengers. It's clearly in the same universe.
Bah weep grannah weep ni ni bon

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
3 years ago#7
There's also plenty of talk in TIH about the super soldier serum.

User Info: 2SweetforTurtle

2SweetforTurtle
3 years ago#8
Pretty much all of the above. Plus he learns how to “aim” the Hulk and transform at will in TIH. In Thor Ragnarok they reference his helicopter jump transformation into Hulk by almost directly copying the scene.

I think the only things that were sort of dropped (pertaining to the character himself) were his obsession with watching his heart rate, controlling his breathing, and the survivalist / fugitive mentality.
Slow and steady wins the race

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
3 years ago#9
2SweetforTurtle posted...
I think the only things that were sort of dropped (pertaining to the character himself) were his obsession with watching his heart rate, controlling his breathing

That's because The Incredible Hulk ended with him learning control.

User Info: lv54spacemonkey

lv54spacemonkey
3 years ago#10
Isn't there also some footage from the film shown in Iron Man 2? It's on the monitors when Nick Fury is Telling Stark they don't want him on the team. Also in The Avengers too when Stark's looking at the files.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Is "The Incredible Hulk" really part of the MCU?
  • Topic Archived