• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why is everyone shocked that Patrick Stewart is in The Emoji Movie?

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
3 years ago#11
You all need to watch Blunt Talk. He improvised showing his bare ass in one scene. He thought it would be funnier that way.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Optimus Pintobean

User Info: DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09
3 years ago#12
Auto_Chrisbot posted...
You all need to watch Blunt Talk. He improvised showing his bare ass in one scene. He thought it would be funnier that way.

I still have to finish Season 2, I'm about halfway into it.

I don't care about the Emoji Movie but it's always good when he does silly s*** like this.
All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

User Info: DoctorDoom80

DoctorDoom80
3 years ago#13
DexterTheThird posted...
I know right? Sir Patrick's been doing silly roles that are "beneath" his pedigree for years, part of the reason I respect him as an actor.

If it's fun and it pays he'll do it.
Marvel Heroes: KingNightmare <Raid Guild>

User Info: BB mofo

BB mofo
3 years ago#14
I think this is the difference between acting in the US and the UK.

In the US, actors have to take into account their brand and marketability by taking roles that aren't "beneath" them. But in the UK, acting is a 9 to 5 job, so you could see an actor playing a young Lord in an award-winning period piece on one day, then the next day see them star as a chav on a crappy sitcom.
"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-Mark Twain

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
3 years ago#15
Supposedly Patrick Stewart said he rather be known for a comedy role than a serious role.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen: FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Friday the 13th

User Info: VincentVega

VincentVega
3 years ago#16
He really hasn't done that many good movies outside of Star Trek, Xmen and his stage work, which to be fair is very impressive.
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
DexterTheThird posted...
I know right? Sir Patrick's been doing silly roles that are "beneath" his pedigree for years, part of the reason I respect him as an actor.

Part of the reason he does things like this is that he personally thinks they're funny, and doesn't give a f*** about anyone else's opinion. Hell, he mentioned in one interview a long time ago that Beavis & Butt-Head would leave him crying laughing.
"Shut your filthy whore mouth."- AB
"But if I shut my filthy whore mouth, I can't use it to be a filthy whore. Does not compute." - TashaMK

User Info: Sac!

Sac!
3 years ago#18
I'm not. Every big name actor eventually starts taking rubbish "pay day" films.

This probably funds a new car or house extension or holiday or something. If someone wanted to pay me big bucks to pretend to be a poo emoji for a few months voice booth work, freaking sign me up!
HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy entry for "Sac!": Mostly Australian
https://www.youtube.com/user/Icaras01

User Info: XylonTheManaket

XylonTheManaket
3 years ago#19
I'm not because I've watched him sing Oingo Boingo's "I like little girls" on American Dad, and reprise his role as Captain Picard for a Family Guy scene where he insists Worf's forehead looks like an ass.
I am fire. I am... death. -Smaug

User Info: VincentVega

VincentVega
3 years ago#20
Actually he says Worf's head looks like a fanny, which means vagina, not ass for Brits.
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Why is everyone shocked that Patrick Stewart is in The Emoji Movie?
  • Topic Archived