• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Blackwashing = Good! Whitewashing = Bad!

User Info: vonVile

vonVile
4 years ago#1
Why is nobody complaining when black actors take over known white characters? Where was the outrage when Will Smith was announced to play Deadshot? Why is nobody complaining about whoever that black woman is is playing Domino in Deadpool 2?
Guardians of the Galaxy ripped off Farscape.

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
4 years ago#2
They don't care about those things.
Hard times (happiest days of my life) hard times gone by

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
4 years ago#3
The thing is that a good chunk of famous comic book characters were created from the 30s-60s (Deadshot first appeared in 1950). Society was super, openly racist then so comic characters were almost entirely white.

White people are not underrepresented in media. A lot of minorities (Asians especially in leading roles) are.

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
4 years ago#4
They call blackwashing colorblind casting
Former #1 Birmingham Iron Fan. RIP AAF

User Info: My_Unit

My_Unit
4 years ago#5
They need to create new heroes for them, not change history. Its extremely stupid and distracting when they completely change a superheroes appearence.

User Info: IShall_Run_Amok

IShall_Run_Amok
4 years ago#6
My_Unit posted...
They need to create new heroes for them, not change history.

Great idea. Instead of changing Heimdal into a black guy, they should have just have a new black character named Horburgorbot to take his place in the story. That will make comic book fans happy.
Hard times (happiest days of my life) hard times gone by

User Info: lolife67

lolife67
4 years ago#7
I wonder how many will fall for the bait...

User Info: Psycho_Poodle

Psycho_Poodle
4 years ago#8
Blackwashing/gaywashing is to make up for centuries of American racism and homophobia

User Info: Photonics420

Photonics420
4 years ago#9
I noticed Africans in the King Arthur story. And not those Moorish dark Arab types. I mean sub-Saharan types.

I am as cool with that as I am with a white actress playing a white Manga character.

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
4 years ago#10
The outrage was there.
Occam's razor: The simplest solution (answer) is most likely the right one
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Blackwashing = Good! Whitewashing = Bad!
  • Topic Archived