Thoughts on new Stephen King "It" movie?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Thoughts on new Stephen King "It" movie?

User Info: Muscle Buster

Muscle Buster
1 year ago#31
brimicbed posted...
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clown-sightings-hoax-real-panic-nationwide-police-taking-seriously/

Oh, that one.

Thank you for answering, BTW.
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
'Ghostbusters is about as well-written as a hillbilly's suicide note.' - Film Rant on Feigbusters

User Info: Estabon1

Estabon1
1 year ago#32
A Maximum Overdrive remake set in modern times would be absolutely amazing. As for It, I'm intrigued, and hoping it does well. It is rather ironic that this whole clown scare is going on right now, I gotta say.
The game can't bite back... the predator effectively has no teeth. - Moose_Of_Woe re. Destiny's (lack of) difficulty
XBL: Shawn Batey / PSN: MastaBatey89

User Info: lslandMirage_

lslandMirage_
1 year ago#33
I have zero expectations but I hope it will be good. I love the Tim Curry TV film, one of the scariest movies ever made and a source of many nightmares growing up. I don't like the new clown design though.
God I love nerd rage.

User Info: GoldenHamster

GoldenHamster
1 year ago#34
Smakface13 posted...
Allanon23 posted...
Loved the TV movie as a kid, and I still enjoy the book. I heard that the Leper is confirmed for the movie, so it's already a more faithful version of the story. I wish this was made like 15 years ago so Curry would have been able to reprise his role though.

Im more excited that Patrick Hocksetter is in the movie.. That was the scariest part of the book to me. his death.. Not jerking off Henry lol

I really hope it works out well, I feel the worst part was him and his brother though, made me feel indifferent towards him. I just hope the movie is slow burning, either way it's supposed to be two different movies so, 4 hours or so in total, longer than the mini series.

The original content will always be there I'm willing to give this a go.
XBL - Literategrain | GS - 27423 PSN - xTheMagnificentx
White 2 FC - 3826-7442-4385

User Info: ReignFury

ReignFury
1 year ago#35
It has a new director and lead actor, apparently Fukunagas vision was too wild or something. Right now Im expecting a fairly predictable affair full of well worn tropes covered in studio fingerprints.
Contrarian nerds wild mad up in this - NinjaBreakfast
http://i.giftrunk.com/rv4b2c.gif

GoldenHamster
1 year ago#36
ReignFury posted...
It has a new director and lead actor, apparently Fukunagas vision was too wild or something. Right now Im expecting a fairly predictable affair full of well worn tropes covered in studio fingerprints.

I wish Hollywood would take more risks, that's why it's so stale nowadays.

User Info: Funkx

Funkx
1 year ago#37
ReignFury posted...

That's great. We need more generic, soulless horror films.
Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean.
'Cos remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
1 year ago#38
GoldenHamster posted...
ReignFury posted...

They take risks and people complain that it's too different.
The average American consumer is an entitled baby who cries when they can't get what they want.

GoldenHamster
1 year ago#39
Savott posted...
GoldenHamster posted...
ReignFury posted...

True, can't win for losing.

User Info: ReignFury

ReignFury
1 year ago#40
GoldenHamster posted...
Savott posted...
GoldenHamster posted...
ReignFury posted...

True, can't win for losing.

You cant hit high aiming for average. Id rather they tried and failed than put out another lame horror flick.
Contrarian nerds wild mad up in this - NinjaBreakfast
http://i.giftrunk.com/rv4b2c.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Thoughts on new Stephen King "It" movie?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived