• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Not sure if old, but, do people notice that Michael Bay re-uses scenes?

User Info: Master368

Master368
9 years ago#21
...and the original scene is yours.
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, I'll collapse your trachea

User Info: Marnex15

Marnex15
9 years ago#22
EenyMeenyMinyMo posted...
if reusing shots is actually a standard in the film industry, then i question how anyone takes this industry seriously.

glad to know i could create a movie from various re-shots and call it my own as long as i change something miniscule and add a little cgi.

Except he re-uses shots from other movies he made, not from various other movies he didn't make. Did you even read the topic?
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com

User Info: Chirotera

Chirotera
9 years ago#23
EenyMeenyMinyMo posted...

a writer who reuses paragraphs with a minor word change here or there is a mediocre writer. thought it makes sense, bay is a mediocre director

That's your analogy. Look, I'm one of Bay's harshest critics - but come on. A writer doing a rewrite doesn't cost anything. Movies, do. When you have something that already has a huge budget you try to cut corners to save money (and time for that matter) when you can. I don't know how you can fault them for that.
Detroit Red Wings: 1936, 1937, 1943, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2008

User Info: golddragon89

golddragon89
9 years ago#24
I noticed that he re-used a scene from his first transformers into the second one. It didn't hurt the movie at all. I think criticizing Bay for this is just nit picking. Any scene he re-uses is very brief, like 5 seconds at most, and blend well with the current movie anyway, so is it really that big of a deal?
I'm also known as ShowtimeDoc. Heres some videos I made on my old account =)
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=GOLDDRAGON89

User Info: KillaBeAt

KillaBeAt
9 years ago#25
if reusing shots is actually a standard in the film industry, then i question how anyone takes this industry seriously.

You mean like reusing beats in any popular rap song in history?

Or reusing guitar progressions and baselines in any rock/metal song?

or reusing metaphors/analogies in books (seriously, if you pick out an analogy or metaphor in a book you can probably pick up the same one at least once or twice more).

Repeated use of sets/set structures in television/film.

Factory branded computers built using refurbished or recycled parts

Honestly, the list goes on and on. You could find examples of recycled things in pretty much all industries, It's just another way to save money.

Besides, it's not like he is reusing an ENTIRE scene. He reuses MAX 2 seconds of stock footage, and he probably put about 100,000 dollars worth of cgi in to it. I don't understand how this is even an argument.
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.

User Info: EnterTheTekken

EnterTheTekken
9 years ago#26
What should've been done was that he instead of filming the movie, he should've reused scenes from Inception...all of them.

User Info: launchpad25

launchpad25
9 years ago#27
So does this mean Michael Bay is turning into Lou Scheimer?

User Info: SerenitySays

SerenitySays
9 years ago#28
It's his movies. Let him do whatever he wants with it.
Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported. - David St. Hubbins

User Info: dannyaq

dannyaq
9 years ago#29
That's not even the worst of it. Did you see that robot optimus prime? Little known fact but he is a character already created for a toy line in the 80s. He totally reused a character.
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't

User Info: ClayGuida

ClayGuida
9 years ago#30
Shia reused his acting from Eagle Eye in Transformers 2 and 3. How dare he.
http://proffessormosby.blogspot.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Not sure if old, but, do people notice that Michael Bay re-uses scenes?
  • Topic Archived