• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Not sure if old, but, do people notice that Michael Bay re-uses scenes?

User Info: TotallySoldOut

TotallySoldOut
9 years ago#11
Corrik posted...
According to those youtube comments, they had to shut down production on the chase scenes because a stunt woman killed herself while working on it. They had to use something to fill the gap.

*shrug*

She didn't kill herself and she wasn't a stunt woman. She was an extra, being paid $100 for one day of work. They asked her to use her car, and like any wannabe actor, agreed to it because anything you can do to get remembered, you do. They then hooked up her personal car to use for the scene, something went wrong and the cable snapped, pretty much scalping her. She's alive, but permanently brain-damaged and paralyzed on one side.

THAT'S the price of trying to cut costs. If it was a stunt person, production would be shut down but it wouldn't have been as big a deal. Stunt people sign waivers and they know the risks of the job. An extra shouldn't be in any sort of situation like that.
From the 905

User Info: Wizard_Howl

Wizard_Howl
9 years ago#12
TotallySoldOut posted...
She didn't kill herself and she wasn't a stunt woman. She was an extra, being paid $100 for one day of work. They asked her to use her car, and like any wannabe actor, agreed to it because anything you can do to get remembered, you do. They then hooked up her personal car to use for the scene, something went wrong and the cable snapped, pretty much scalping her. She's alive, but permanently brain-damaged and paralyzed on one side.

THAT'S the price of trying to cut costs. If it was a stunt person, production would be shut down but it wouldn't have been as big a deal. Stunt people sign waivers and they know the risks of the job. An extra shouldn't be in any sort of situation like that.

Logged in to clear that up. TotallySoldOut is correct.
-------------------------------

User Info: Partisan_Hack

Partisan_Hack
9 years ago#13
Wow, that's a really terrible story. :(
Fire Mike Alden.
THE University of Missouri

User Info: PStrife

PStrife
9 years ago#14
Well if you ever created something you would be able to understand why you use short-cuts by using your previous creations. No exp. from you, so shut-up about using the equally lazy, lazy card.

User Info: EenyMeenyMinyMo

EenyMeenyMinyMo
9 years ago#15
haha are you guys actually serious? since when did people start riding Michael Bay's **** around here?

a writer who reuses paragraphs with a minor word change here or there is a mediocre writer. thought it makes sense, bay is a mediocre director.

Master368 posted...
So....I should take a different route to work every morning to be 'creative' enough?

is this suppose to make logical sense? absolutely horrid comparison.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
9 years ago#16
Taking potshots at Bay seems to be the rage here.
"Don't panic. It's only a video game web site." - SBAllen
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3082191872/nm0000117

User Info: KillaBeAt

KillaBeAt
9 years ago#17
have people here SERIOUSLY never heard of stock footage?

You can find digital edits of different stock footage ALL over the place. You think every aerial view of a city in movies was filmed by hiring a helicopter and flying around the city? You might think so but, surprise, stock footage.

It has nothing to do with "being on Michael Bay's ****" as you so eloquently put it. It is an EXTREMELY common practice.
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.

User Info: Marnex15

Marnex15
9 years ago#18
EenyMeenyMinyMo posted...
haha are you guys actually serious? since when did people start riding Michael Bay's **** around here?

a writer who reuses paragraphs with a minor word change here or there is a mediocre writer. thought it makes sense, bay is a mediocre director.

So you basically ingored the other examples? It's not just Michael Bay that does this.

And really? Can't people defend something/someone without being a fanboy? Jesus.
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com

User Info: Master368

Master368
9 years ago#19
It's a perfect analogy....recreating something has nothing to do with lack of creativity in this situation.

The scene worked didn't it? Why redo it? Why pay to do it again?
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, I'll collapse your trachea

User Info: EenyMeenyMinyMo

EenyMeenyMinyMo
9 years ago#20
if reusing shots is actually a standard in the film industry, then i question how anyone takes this industry seriously.

glad to know i could create a movie from various re-shots and call it my own as long as i change something miniscule and add a little cgi.
  1. Boards
  2. Movies: At the Theater
  3. Not sure if old, but, do people notice that Michael Bay re-uses scenes?
  • Topic Archived