• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Erica
  3. I didn't understand the plot

User Info: saintforlife

saintforlife
2 years ago#1
So was your dad good or bad?
Are you good or bad?
What was Delphi?
What was with the perfume?
What happened to your mom?

User Info: TheUnknown1One1

TheUnknown1One1
2 years ago#2
saintforlife posted...
Are you good or bad?

I think these two were intentionally left open to your interpretation.
Brie
Bella

User Info: michaeluk2014

michaeluk2014
2 years ago#3
Daft story. Easy platinum. Enough said. Imo.
Psn Michael2008ish. Xbox mickmc280

User Info: saintforlife

saintforlife
2 years ago#4
Pretty much. Disappointing.
(message deleted)

User Info: GasmanOAV

GasmanOAV
1 year ago#6
It’s not just about being good, or bad. The story is about strength and weakness too. Your choices can influence the outcome. Make the wrong choices, or help the wrong people and your fate can be sealed. Stay strong, skeptical and help the right people and good things happen. Of course you have to play several ways to see all outcomes and get the platinum, so you have to be good, or bad and weak, or strong.
I'm not even winded.

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
1 year ago#7
saintforlife posted...
Are you good or bad?
What was Delphi?

Dad bad.
Up to you. Choices matter.
A place that uses psychotropic drugs on "patients" to attempt to see the future.
A psychotropic drug.
She is the "butterfly" that is trapped into their schemes to attempt to see the future.
I'm 53 and I like playing video games. They are fun and I like them, so I play them. So there.

User Info: 83iain

83iain
1 year ago#8
saintforlife posted...
Are you good or bad?
What was Delphi?

Dad definitely up to no good and dodgy.

You are a product of your environment both in the past and present. Huffed too much Oleander and are a paranoid schizophrenic although how much is fantasy and what is grounded in reality is up to you to decide or figure out.

Delphi House is a hospital...or is it? My interpretation is there is definitely something happening there but just how sinister it is is hard to tell given Erica is an unreliable narrator.

Perfume = hallucinogenic drug. Is it for genuine treatment or for sinister Delphi experiments? Up to you to decide.

Your mum was a nurse at Delphi who later got admitted to the hospital as a patient signed off by your Dad and died there. Whether that was because of your Dad giving her Oleander or that your mother was crazy as well is open for interpretation. I believe she was a genuine nurse and her spiral into madness was definitely your Dads doing.
Cogito Ergo Sum

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
3 weeks ago#9
"So was your dad good or bad?"
He was bad.

"Are you good or bad?"
You are good at the beginning of the game, but can choose to become bad during it.

"What was Delphi?"
The "Hospital" that was actually a place where they did experiments on the patients, as well as secret rituals.

"What was with the perfume?"
The "Perfume" was a combination of a mind control drug and a strong hallucinogen that makes you see the visions they want you to see while they do what they want to you.

"What happened to your mom?"
That part isn't 100% clear, but the implication is that her spirit remained there until you freed it by burning the place down.
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
https://imgur.com/xgSex
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Erica
  3. I didn't understand the plot
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A