• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Any news on single player DLC?

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
2 months ago#1
Or has Legends ended that hope?
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: Boricua_Kidd21

Boricua_Kidd21
2 months ago#2
There won't be any single player DLC. Sorry.

spikethedevil
2 months ago#3
Once again multiplayer kills single player >_<.

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
2 months ago#4
DLC would really just needlessly extent the story, thereby diminishing the narrative and structure of the game.
"That thick shaft that causes women to shudder!"

spikethedevil
2 months ago#5
DeadBankerDream posted...
DLC would really just needlessly extent the story, thereby diminishing the narrative and structure of the game.

And yet many other single player games have it.

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
2 months ago#6
A lot of the time, DLC is crap for that reason, but also a lot of the time games are less tightly wound in their narrative flow than Ghost of Tsushima is. It doesn't really matter if you throw a DLC into the middle of a Mass Effect game, because it's just more of Shepard fighting the reapers along the way to the conclusion of them fighting the reapers.

Ghost of Tsushima specifically uses and guides the player's attention to a three act structure that controls the narrative flow of the game. Inserting an extra mini-act in there would be completely disruptive. And inserting it at the end would reduce the fantasically built up climax of the game's ending to a midway tension point that doesn't have remotely the same satisfaction or catharsis.
"That thick shaft that causes women to shudder!"

spikethedevil
2 months ago#7
Or you know play/set the DLC post game.

User Info: Villain_S_Fiend

Villain_S_Fiend
2 months ago#8
Sometimes a game can just be the game that was released, and it's fine.
The food here is awful. My steak was so tough, halfway through my meal it got up and attacked my coffee and the coffee was too weak to defend itself.

User Info: lon3wanderer

lon3wanderer
2 months ago#9
spikethedevil posted...
Or you know play/set the DLC post game.

what do you want them to do?

also don’t blame the multiplayer. they said in many interviews they developed legends separately from the main story so they didn’t take any people off the main project. also said there wouldn’t be anymore updates after the raid which does such

spikethedevil
2 months ago#10
Fair enough lol GTA Online and RDR online killing DLC for those games makes me sceptical I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Any news on single player DLC?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A