• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Stop quitting NM Survival

User Info: flyersfan87

flyersfan87
3 months ago#1
People instantly quit because there's no ronin. People instantly quit because there's more than one ronin. People instantly quit because one person is 109 ki. These are not connection errors, this is manual quitting for dumb reasons.

Empowered foes is one of the least intimidating modifiers and Aoi Village is the easiest map to defend. I'm tired of wasting time in the menus. Just play the game, for f***'s sake.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: rancid_custard

rancid_custard
3 months ago#2
All totally doable without a Ronin too, I clobbered Blood in the snow the other week with 4 hunters.

You've got spirit pull for samurais, healing arrows for Hunters and forbidden medicine for assassins. You can get a health top up at ammo refill points, there are drums and by faking out the arrow showers it's still totally easy to grab the regenerate ghost health buyable

User Info: ACgreen1foteen

ACgreen1foteen
3 months ago#3
Seems to happen all the time. I'm playing as a Ronin (non-fire) and people still quit. To the above poster's point, you definitely do not need a Ronin to complete a Nightmare Survival run.
" Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III

rancid_custard
3 months ago#4
Sadly, I get why people might lose their bottle, they're either not confident enough in their own abilities and looking to get carried a little or it's their first time and they've seen posts about how a Ronin is essential

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
3 months ago#5
flyersfan87 posted...
People instantly quit because there's no ronin.

Fair, next.
"That thick shaft that causes women to shudder!"

User Info: g0n4craZyloc0

g0n4craZyloc0
2 months ago#6
rancid_custard posted...
All totally doable without a Ronin too, I clobbered Blood in the snow the other week with 4 hunters.

You've got spirit pull for samurais, healing arrows for Hunters and forbidden medicine for assassins. You can get a health top up at ammo refill points, there are drums and by faking out the arrow showers it's still totally easy to grab the regenerate ghost health buyable

you forget that more than likely the ongoing online community will be fluctuating by new players. More than likely they probably haven't rolled those perks basing on how long it takes to get any honor. Only the hardcore gamers will have them or even KNOW about them. Than there's also the fact you have to obtain said charms in the first place. Than you add on ki which is the base of determining people and their commitment to the game. (psa: ki matters in damage. more ki equals more damage overall).

If not 110 why even bother? more likely than not you don't have the necessary gear to be reliable. And if you do have the gear but decided to reroll stats mind you, when its not fully maxed out ki, it just shows even more that you don't understand the game mechanics. So lose lose lose.

Better to have a ronin than none when you don't know the skill capacity of randoms you match up with. Granted I've beaten it without with randoms but I could count on one hand how many times that was done. And it wasn't flawless. People died all the time.
(edited 2 months ago)

rancid_custard
2 months ago#7
g0n4craZyloc0 posted...
you forget that more than likely the ongoing online community will be fluctuating by new players. More than likely they probably haven't rolled those perks basing on how long it takes to get any honor. Only the hardcore gamers will have them or even KNOW about them. Than there's also the fact you have to obtain said charms in the first place. Than you add on ki which is the base of determining people and their commitment to the game. (psa: ki matters in damage. more ki equals more damage overall).

If not 110 why even bother? more likely than not you don't have the necessary gear to be reliable. And if you do have the gear but decided to reroll stats mind you, when its not fully maxed out ki, it just shows even more that you don't understand the game mechanics. So lose lose lose.

Better to have a ronin than none when you don't know the skill capacity of randoms you match up with. Granted I've beaten it without with randoms but I could count on one hand how many times that was done. And it wasn't flawless. People died all the time.

Valid points, though ironically my KI is always 105. I got a skipping stone bow at 104 that had the exact stats I wanted that doesn't require any re-rolling, the same with a masters Katana at 105 and a 95 smoke bomb with munitions, cool down reduction and cool down on kill at at top level, their loss if they think they'll be carrying me

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
2 months ago#8
g0n4craZyloc0 posted...
I get not having the "bestest evar 1010101" gear, but if you're new. Maybe you, I don't know, stay the f*** out of the hardest mode until you're no longer new? Food for thought.

Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018
  1. Boards
  2. Ghost of Tsushima
  3. Stop quitting NM Survival
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A