• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
2 months ago#1
https://youtu.be/UcPU3mIuUmA

Premieres April 19. Exactly 3 years after season 3 premiered.

User Info: AlexSobecki

AlexSobecki
2 months ago#2
Interested to see if this will tie into any of the other seasons at all. Most likely is Season 2 since that was set in the 70s and this one is in the 50s
See You, Space Cowboy!
GT: Alex Sobecki Twitter: @AlexSobecki

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
2 months ago#3
AlexSobecki posted...
Interested to see if this will tie into any of the other seasons at all. Most likely is Season 2 since that was set in the 70s and this one is in the 50s

Ben Whishaw is playing a character named Rabbi Milligan so likely.

AlexSobecki
2 months ago#4
brimicbed posted...
Ben Whishaw is playing a character named Rabbi Milligan so likely.
I was about to say that in the trailer Glynn Turman’s character gave me a Mike Milligan vibe and thought it could be his father. Guess not if Ben Whishaw has the Milligan name, though he could steal his identity or something
See You, Space Cowboy!

User Info: Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque
2 months ago#5
Not sure what to think other than I really need to watch this series. Always keep putting it off. I do like the comedic element of this season placing the two least intimidating guys as the head of the crime families lol.

User Info: De-

De-
2 months ago#6
While I'm sure this season will have connections to the prior seasons, this looks so different in tone and concept that I'm not sure if it can carry the Fargo brand. Then again, this could be Hawley's homage to Miller's Crossing. Hawley does love to pay homage to the Coens one way or another.
But I could be wrong...

AlexSobecki
2 months ago#7
Johnny Blaque posted...
Not sure what to think other than I really need to watch this series. Always keep putting it off. I do like the comedic element of this season placing the two least intimidating guys as the head of the crime families lol.
Definitely worth checking out, one of the few anthology shows that stays pretty consistent quality wise between seasons, unlike a show like AHS
See You, Space Cowboy!

User Info: EnterTheTekken

EnterTheTekken
2 months ago#8
I mean, of course it looks good but this does not feel like Fargo. I think part of Fargo's formula is the police element which seemed to be missing here. This just looks like a crime drama timepiece. And some of the dialogue didn't seem to fit the time {The "slow pump babies into your daugther" line, for example}.
https://imgur.com/Eq8W20T

User Info: Tequilawhatitdo

Tequilawhatitdo
2 months ago#9
Ugh. Jason Schwartzman
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-4fgojx.gif - #1 P4P
Nachos = $3, Nachos con queso = $5, Champion Dos Nachos = Priceless

User Info: Oeoeo23

Oeoeo23
2 months ago#10
f*** yes

Looks like I'm due for a full rewatch here in the next month or two.
*this may have been posted from my iPhone*
  • Topic Archived