• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. Vikings Season 6 Spoilers

User Info: the_old_days

the_old_days
2 months ago#1
Thought Lagertha was gonna Hari Kari. Probably should have, her narrative arcs have become cyclical and boring.

Some big Floki reveal coming.

King Bjorn really tying to channel Ragnar.

Like the new Rus king. The actor has a lot of charisma. Other than that, no idea where they are going to go with this season other than Bjorn finally war/blood-eagling his rival Harald.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: faqxinaterz6

faqxinaterz6
2 months ago#2
Episode 3 already?

I hope they will spend more time in Russia, the setting is great.

Would watch a series about the Rus Vikings!
The future that shines in my eyes changes easily, and sometimes it slips from my hand.

the_old_days
2 months ago#3
They aired two episodes last Wednesday.

Nothing from Wessex yet, which is okay because they rushed and butchered the Wessex storyline in the second half of season 5 (imo).

The real Ivar falls out of the historical record sometime during the Great Heathen campaign and the establishment of the Danelaw, which we are kind of beyond now. It would be a real narrative waste to not have some final showdown between Ivar and Alfred that ends in Ivar’s death, since they sort of established a half assed rivalry there.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: White Eagle

White Eagle
2 months ago#4
Bjorn? With another woman??? Who could have predicted that!
Detroit Red Wings
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/108545331.jpg

User Info: name_unknown

name_unknown
2 months ago#5
the_old_days posted...
They aired two episodes last Wednesday.

Nothing from Wessex yet, which is okay because they rushed and butchered the Wessex storyline in the second half of season 5 (imo).

The real Ivar falls out of the historical record sometime during the Great Heathen campaign and the establishment of the Danelaw, which we are kind of beyond now. It would be a real narrative waste to not have some final showdown between Ivar and Alfred that ends in Ivar’s death, since they sort of established a half assed rivalry there.

Ivar's legend is that when he died he asked to be buried instead of burned to curse those to lose the battle against England. William the Conqueror would dig up his body and have it burned.

User Info: CADE FOSTER

CADE FOSTER
2 months ago#6
Bjorn of course fell into such an obvious trap so dumb

User Info: White Eagle

White Eagle
2 months ago#7
How else will they shuffle allies around and win a few episodes later?
Detroit Red Wings
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/108545331.jpg

the_old_days
2 months ago#8
It was a little dumb. I’m not very impressed with Jarl Buddha either, hope he gets taken out soon, not looking forward to another 7 or so episodes of his “philosophizing”. However, his little person assistant (Kunut?) seems to be a very good actor and I wouldn’t mind more of that character.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: CADE FOSTER

CADE FOSTER
2 months ago#9
how long is this season 16 episodes broken into 8 eps each?

the_old_days
2 months ago#10
Yeah, 8 I guess. Are they doing the split season format again?

edit: it’s a twenty episode season, so I guess it will be ten and ten.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. Vikings Season 6 Spoilers
  • Post New Message