The Walking Dead S8 Discussion Topic: Part 1 *Spoilers* Its Grime time

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. The Walking Dead S8 Discussion Topic: Part 1 *Spoilers* Its Grime time

User Info: RonWeassly

RonWeassly
5 months ago#251
Crikey posted...
The show has some of the most underwhelming shootouts I've ever seen. They should be intense, but they're not.

It's because there's not many big characters to care about. This is how it's going to be after season 8. In the comic, after Negan, Kirkman added a lot of characters he's failed to build up to the status of the mains he started with. So the comic is full of red shirts no one cares about. Think you can't tell who is who now?

Just wait until Season 9 of The Walking Dead: The Next Generation.

One thing that confused me a lot was the opening with Carol; I didn't remember a grenade going off, but I guess it did? I agree that there should be more exposition because there is a lot of stuff you have to pick up without too much time to do it.

Probably budget. I'm guessing there was supposed to be an explosion.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/5-30-2014/7jSMUQ.gif

User Info: ModestJ

ModestJ
5 months ago#252
The shootout in later half season 3 is still the best. The one where the Governor rolls up on the prison while Rick is hallucinating Lori and they headshot the surviving convict? Best shootout of the entire series. And then unleashing that truck full of walkers was the f***ing cherry on top.

But now its just... eh. Machinegunmachinegunmachinegun DUCK! Machinegunmachinegunmachinegun DUCK! Person falls over dead. Good guy gets hit but not fatal. Rinse and repeat.
I hate preordering, DLC, online gaming, and tier lists. In that order.
Alexander Gustafsson= Future Light Heavyweight Champion

User Info: jjonc2003

jjonc2003
5 months ago#253
Dark_Epathy posted...

One thing that confused me a lot was the opening with Carol; I didn't remember a grenade going off, but I guess it did? I agree that there should be more exposition because there is a lot of stuff you have to pick up without too much time to do it.

End of the first episode of the season where they ambushed the HQ and a guy at the gate throws a grenade at them. They went on to chase that guy down all episode
GT: All American619
San Diego State Aztecs Football Season Tickets holder since 2012

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
5 months ago#254
jjonc2003 posted...
End of the first episode of the season where they ambushed the HQ and a guy at the gate throws a grenade at them. They went on to chase that guy down all episode

This really shows how bad of a memory people have when they watch things.

When you consume a ton of media, it's impossible to hold it all and not lose some of it.
The average American consumer is an entitled baby who cries when they can't get what they want.

User Info: Twin3Turbo

Twin3Turbo
5 months ago#255
Savoots posted...
This really shows how bad of a memory people have when they watch things.

Yep
https://imgflip.com/gif/di4a4
(message deleted)

Savoots
5 months ago#257
RonWeassly posted...
No it doesn't. It's not their fault the show didn't make certain characters as memorable as Rick and friends.

It really does actually.

Besides TWD (even though you claim you don't like or watch the show) how much media do you consume?
The average American consumer is an entitled baby who cries when they can't get what they want.

User Info: Dark_Epathy

Dark_Epathy
5 months ago#258
My bad I couldn't remember the last three seconds of the episode. lol

Has nothing to do with how much media I consume (which is very little right now). I'm busy with a lot of other things on my mind. The second the show ends, I'm out. I'm following along on every other front without difficulty. Only thing that could be clarified in this last episode is if Rick and Daryl were hitting the same compound Aaron was.
You can get the bowblade early on too... if you are a murderer.
Who isnt

Savoots
5 months ago#259
Dark_Epathy posted...
Has nothing to do with how much media I consume (which is very little right now). I'm busy with a lot of other things on my mind.

Exactly.

You have a lot of other things on your mind than some TV show, so you can't be bothered to remember every little detail about said show right?

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
5 months ago#260
I may be in the small minority here but here is how I would rank the seasons of this show so far:

Season 5
Season 6
Season 2
Season 1
Season 3
Season 7
Season 4

Season 8 in my opinion has been really good. I enjoyed coming back with Rick and co. going directly to Negan and causing a million walkers to infiltrate the Sanctuary.

The second episode was even better with all the different stories being shown and the gun fights giving us some good action. I was also legitimately surprised when Morales showed back up.

I'm pretty excited to see what the next half of this season brings as well and I NEED to know what the hell is up with red eye Rick from the premiere.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. The Walking Dead S8 Discussion Topic: Part 1 *Spoilers* Its Grime time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived