• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. Why does Tywin want to **** over Tyrion so bad? (TV Show spoilers, NO BOOK)

User Info: Theshamen

Theshamen
7 years ago#11
I think we need to wait till next season, like the spider said a good many people know what Tyrion did, especially those who fought, so I think that'll play into it

In before some dick book reader goes nuh-uh
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937114
12/21/08

User Info: AceTheMage

AceTheMage
7 years ago#12
Because even though Tywin resents Tyrion, he isnt stupid. Tywin knows how smart his son is, and will put people to full use even if he doesnt like them (much like how he uses the mountain). This is what makes him so fearsome, he can separate his emotions from his decision making.
---
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"
"Yummy frog! For Ayla eat?"

User Info: HellsController

HellsController
7 years ago#13
Maybe that's the room for the ambassador in charge of arranged marriages. Is there anything stopping Tyrion from getting his own place on his own dime anyway? The throne was already some billions in debt to the Lannister family and even though they're in charge now that doesn't really absolve any debt problems the throne already has to get in such a bad shape.

Whatever, I don't want to argue that Tywin doesn't like him, Tyrion talks about it at least a couple times. God damn the thing he did to the first woman Tyrion loved...hard to believe a guy like that was so nice to his cupbearer slave kid. Maybe he just has a huge beef with trying to bring whores into the family. This is bad news for Shae though...

I was just saying Tywin didn't actually do a whole lot to spite Tyrion besides taking his role as the Hand which makes sense because Tyrion was only a placeholder for that position. He could totally have mellowed out in his old age.

Tywin being nice to Arya, like you said, seemed out of character because it was. It was added by the writers of the show, not GRRM.
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.

User Info: HeavensCloud_42

HeavensCloud_42
7 years ago#14
He tried to get Tyrion killed in season 1 when he put him in the battle. That said:

Did Tywin make him an outcast though?

1. Tywin paid the Hill Tribes like he promised. Tyrion promised them the Vale and failed to deliver.

2. Tywin most likely put one of his men in charge of the Gold Cloaks.

3. Maester Pycelle said he has always been loyal to Tywin, so now he is all smug that his master is back.

4. Tywin is hand of the King, so that room belongs to him. Cersei probably put Tyrion in the other room.

5. Tyrion is alone because he made too many enemies in keeping prder. He was too good at his job. Its why no one wants Stannis as king.
"You get what anyone gets - you get a lifetime" - Death

User Info: Orange Clockwork

Orange Clockwork
7 years ago#15
Forever Shadowed posted...
Why is every character in GoT so hateable

Most of the Starks seem pretty cool, though that's gotten them ****ed over a bunch of times.
If you build a man a fire, he is warm for the rest of the night.
If you set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: Gnosis_Guyver1

Gnosis_Guyver1
7 years ago#16
something tells me tywin wouldn't hate tyrion as much if he was as tall as jamie. hell he would be a perfect heir since he Tyrion does not have jamies pride in his fighting skills weakness fact is tyrion is as ruthless as his father when the need arises
Nothing is true everything is permitted.

User Info: General_Juma

General_Juma
7 years ago#17
something tells me tywin wouldn't hate tyrion as much if he was as tall as jamie. hell he would be a perfect heir since he Tyrion does not have jamies pride in his fighting skills weakness fact is tyrion is as ruthless as his father when the need arises

Not quite as much but he would still dislike him too much for that, given he caused the death of his mother at childbirth
Hail Theon! The Joffrey in the North!-EntertheTekken

User Info: trumpetPlaya04

trumpetPlaya04
7 years ago#18
if he was as tall as jaime, he might not have survived as long. He gets underestimated due to his size, allowing for his intellect to shine even brighter
Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel- Solomon

User Info: DeathMagnetic80

DeathMagnetic80
7 years ago#19
"All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes"
RIP A7X71180 4/14/2006-12/24/2011
2011 San Diego Chargers 8-8

User Info: No_one_special

No_one_special
7 years ago#20
trumpetPlaya04 posted...
if he was as tall as jaime, he might not have survived as long. He gets underestimated due to his size, allowing for his intellect to shine even brighter

Not necessarily. A normal-sized Tyrion would be a far better fighter, though even as a dwarf he's definitely no slouch in that department. So he'd have the Genius Bruiser build to his character.
The GameFAQs Politics Board...
Not worth it at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Cable and Satellite
  3. Why does Tywin want to **** over Tyrion so bad? (TV Show spoilers, NO BOOK)
  • Topic Archived