• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  3. Android to iOS.... send help:(

User Info: Lex_miller13

Lex_miller13
2 years ago#1
So, long story short my phone completely crapped out on me out of nowhere. Blinking colors and stuff while I was actively using it and it just went blank. So if anyone knows about fixing androids, please help :(

And sadly, it gets worse. The only available phone I have to use is this dinky old iPhone 5. Which is cool. I figured I’d only use it for a little. I reset my Nintendo password and get everything all downloaded and MY LEAF TICKETS ARE GONE.

(Yes I read the faq’s about switching operating systems, but forever ago when I knew whole heartedly that I would never own another iPhone)

So, my question is, when I get another android and log in on that device, will they come back? Or are they lost in an abyss because iOS is a soul sucking demon :(

I’m so sad y’all. It was only like 178 but I earned all of those. Kinda just wanna uninstall and just never look back. Why would they make an in game currency that didn’t transfer with game save files. Idk. Help :(
Lex - ACPC: 15343261401

User Info: MamieKate09

MamieKate09
2 years ago#2
@Lex_miller13
Yes you will get them back when you move back to Android.
But do your best not to collect any LTs while you’re using the iphone cause they’ll be stuck there. So if any are in your mailbox leave them there.
If you do get a few, you can buy something nice for yourself. Cause the stuff you buy will transfer back to your Android too.

(PS iOS isn’t the soul-sucking demon. I believe that designation belongs to the game developers at DeNA + to Nintendo for allowing it.)

Edit: @GDBlueFalcon plays on both platforms– one a tablet + 1 a phone. He can help more w/practical how-tos than than I can.
AC:PC Kate

Lex_miller13
2 years ago#3
MamieKate09 posted...
@Lex_miller13
Yes you will get them back when you move back to Android.
But do your best not to collect any LTs while you’re using the iphone cause they’ll be stuck there. So if any are in your mailbox leave them there.
If you do get a few, you can buy something nice for yourself. Cause the stuff you buy will transfer back to your Android too.

(PS iOS isn’t the soul-sucking demon. I believe that designation belongs to the game developers at DeNA + to Nintendo for allowing it.)

Edit: @GDBlueFalcon plays on both platforms– one a tablet + 1 a phone. He can help more w/practical how-tos than than I can.

Well, I guess I’m a little happier knowing that they’re still floating around in my account somewhere. I hope I can get a new phone here soon :/ At least I didn’t buy them with my own money.. I’d be absolutely livid.

User Info: Alex_Masterson

Alex_Masterson
2 years ago#4
The premium currency in any mobile game never transfers between operating systems, probably because of the differences between the stores. But like was said, the premium currency never disappears. It just sits there, waiting for you to come back to your old OS.

Lex_miller13
2 years ago#5
Alex_Masterson posted...
The premium currency in any mobile game never transfers between operating systems, probably because of the differences between the stores. But like was said, the premium currency never disappears. It just sits there, waiting for you to come back to your old OS.

This is the first mobile game I’ve really gotten into playing, so I wasn’t really sure but that does make sense. Still upsetting. I can’t wait to get back to a galaxy :(

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 years ago#6
The lesson is to stick to same OS for phone
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

Lex_miller13
2 years ago#7
gamemaster712 posted...
The lesson is to stick to same OS for phone

That was the original plan until (I’m guessing my lcd screen) burnt out while I was in the middle of a phone call :/ this is the only extra phone we have currently, so I guess I can’t complain too much. Could be worse.

User Info: TrafficDodger

TrafficDodger
2 years ago#8
I can sympathize. I had the same issue with a war game that I've played for almost 5 years. I played primarily on my (iOS) phone but occasionally had to switch to my (Android) tablet. The first time I was on my tablet, I was traveling. I freaked out when the currency disappeared. I rebooted several times, and even installed and reinstalled the game. Customer service (I call them Kascam) was unresponsive. After I figured out the issue, I always bought my premium currency when I was on my iphone and never on my tablet to avoid confusion. I'm much happier now that both my phone and tablet are on the iOS. Cheer up. It's a temporary loss.
ACPC: CarsDodger

Lex_miller13
2 years ago#9
TrafficDodger posted...
I can sympathize. I had the same issue with a war game that I've played for almost 5 years. I played primarily on my (iOS) phone but occasionally had to switch to my (Android) tablet. The first time I was on my tablet, I was traveling. I freaked out when the currency disappeared. I rebooted several times, and even installed and reinstalled the game. Customer service (I call them Kascam) was unresponsive. After I figured out the issue, I always bought my premium currency when I was on my iphone and never on my tablet to avoid confusion. I'm much happier now that both my phone and tablet are on the iOS. Cheer up. It's a temporary loss.

I’m a lot more at ease now that I was reassured they’re still there. Still devastating but it’ll be okay :) I’ve just been at such a point in life where it really just is every little thing that can go wrong, goes wrong.

User Info: MamieKate09

MamieKate09
2 years ago#10
I wish I could help irl.
AC:PC Kate
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  3. Android to iOS.... send help:(
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A