Complaint: I Will Never Be Able to Share Back

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  3. Complaint: I Will Never Be Able to Share Back

User Info: salamandles

salamandles
7 months ago#11
I don't see the problem...just keep track of who you owe through your visitors and when you get a harvest crop, check back with them to see who's ready.
Gotta keep planting to get those sweet trade in rewards in time.
FC: 4253 - 4031 - 2977
Dream Address: 4600-4077-0497

User Info: anarokr

anarokr
7 months ago#12
I don't share with people expecting to get something back. That's a gross mentality. Sharing is sharing, not trading.

User Info: Sherm128

Sherm128
7 months ago#13
We also want to get the stuff you can get for trading flowers to Lloid...
3DS FC: 1332-7873-0454 Name: Sherman
ACPC ID: 5250-5545-598 Name: Sherman

User Info: GDBlueFalcon

GDBlueFalcon
7 months ago#14
anarokr posted...
I don't share with people expecting to get something back. That's a gross mentality. Sharing is sharing, not trading.

In this event this may sound noble but in the Rover‘s butterflies event, l want every single butterfly shipped out to come back so do my friends.
AC: 00545169913 (itouto)

User Info: TrafficDodger

TrafficDodger
7 months ago#15
It's still a young game so we've no idea yet if the Rover event or Lottie event is more "typical" of what to expect. One I couldn't have completed without friends sharing with me. The other I wouldn't be able to complete without my sharing with friends.

I finished the Rover event in the last 10 minutes because I had a few friends who were still sharing butterflies with me until the bitter end. There's no way I'd have done it without friend shares.

The Lottie event has been much easier. Even though I've had trouble catching the diamond bats shared by friends (the catch rate seems much lower for shared bats than spawned bats), I'm sure I'll finish all the tasks by the end of today or tomorrow.

While I probably could catch all the bats through spawning without friend contributions, there's no way I would have gotten enough seeds if I hadn't shared with friends. So it's a bit frustrating not to be able to find gardens where I can share bats easily.

Hopefully, these details will work themselves out once the game develops more.
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Name: CarsDodger 4642 5955 234

User Info: salamandles

salamandles
7 months ago#16
It's not that the person sharing expects something back since they are getting seeds for sharing with you, but it seems a little selfish or rude to have one person fill your garden with bats and then you don't even give them one back as a thanks. Common courtesy isn't a gross mentality.
FC: 4253 - 4031 - 2977
Dream Address: 4600-4077-0497

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
7 months ago#17
anarokr posted...
I don't share with people expecting to get something back.

uh.

how do you know?

since there is no possible communication.

or are you simply saying you don't share with anyone who gave you anything, because they probably expect some degree of mutuality? therefore you only share your butterflies and bats with people who DON'T share with you, because those are the only people you can be SURE don't expect to get something back?

(sorry just having fun with you calling you out on that line. I comprehend the reasoning, just poking fun and couldn't help myself!)
Sentry3X8A Dg Lvl23 522 hp S42 Hit%101 Mdef72 Abs54 Dmg50
161219XP 3527g 3H 3P 1Pa Ice[S] Stl[A] Slv[Sh] Slv[H] Slv[G]+L mako, Drg[S], ore

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
7 months ago#18
verylatebloomer posted...
anarokr posted...
I don't share with people expecting to get something back.

uh.

how do you know?

since there is no possible communication.

or are you simply saying you don't share with anyone who gave you anything, because they probably expect some degree of mutuality? therefore you only share your butterflies and bats with people who DON'T share with you, because those are the only people you can be SURE don't expect to get something back?

(sorry just having fun with you calling you out on that line. I comprehend the reasoning, just poking fun and couldn't help myself!)

I think you read it wrong and that all they're saying is that when they share, they don't expect getting stuff back. (i.e. "I don't share with people while expecting to get stuff back," not "I don't share with people who are expecting to get stuff back")
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: empathy4u

empathy4u
7 months ago#19
I finished all the bat-achievements yesterday. I'm now growing and harvesting flowers to trade in for essences and stuff. Better that you share those bats with someone who needs them.

If I still needed bats I'd have left blooms up. If you leave blooms up, then you get bats and I get seeds/friend powder. I sometimes take a guess at what type of bat a person needs by the flower type they left in bloom. Otherwise there are a few people I talk to in a group that will say what they need.

It would be cool to have a garden sign indicator to tell people what type of thing you need.

User Info: Retrowench

Retrowench
7 months ago#20
I’ve been keeping a list and just about manage to repay most donors eventually. I’ve learned to live with the guilt though really, as the capture rate + generating new creatures doesn’t ever get close to 100% repayment.

I also alleviate some of the guilt by watering flowers, giving kudos and making the occasional market box purchase ^_^
Pocket Camp: 05121210652 (Gemz)
Lv.70+
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  3. Complaint: I Will Never Be Able to Share Back

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived