I will block you for buying out my market box

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  3. I will block you for buying out my market box

User Info: VivaLaFisica

VivaLaFisica
10 months ago#1
I say it jokingly, but it's incredibly frustrating to spend hours stocking up two stacks of x9 of every useful item in game and to have a single person snipe your shop and buy everything in an instant.

It's unfair to other friends that you're making my shop (that was once a one-stop-shop of each item) now less useful. It's also incredibly taxing on me to have to run around resetting spawn points trying to farm another x18 of a single item. Btw, these items were priced at 90 bells each. Yet somehow someone had the inventory space and money to snag it all.

I've tried making smaller quantity stacks and the same person would just buy each stack of x3. I up'd it to x9 and still the same issue. I'm thinking to just not expend the effort anymore restocking.

It just strikes a nerve with me when someone suddenly empties out my market. Why I feel obligated to restock? Idk. I've made the game too easy for others and I'm not here to do the farming for you.

Venting. I sound crazy, don't I? Anyway. I did block one individual to keep them from doing it again to my shop. Sounds absurd. Thoughts on my odd perspective?
JPN 3DS: MHXX, PKMN Moon, FE Valencia
Switch: Disgaea 5, Snipperclips, Pokken, Odyssey

User Info: typhone004

typhone004
10 months ago#2
Yea that's strange. There's no way buying things from someone selling things is a bad thing.
"1/128 item on a first try. What are the odds?"
I flushed my fish down the toilet so he could die as he lived. With me treating him like s***.

User Info: phloon17

phloon17
10 months ago#3
Yeah that's kind of weird, but to each their own.

VivaLaFisica
10 months ago#4
Sigh. It's just not the intent for any one person to take advatange of. And I've an issue with the frequency my shop clears out. I'm thinking I have too many friends to be a single shop supporting all those players. Especially during the weekdays-- there's just no time to farm and keep my item stock in tip top shape.

And I really increase the quantities and price to disincentivize someone from buying (either at all) or too many items. But somehow people determine my convenience of a shop makes it worth it. I just don't want to farm anymore... tired. Shop is closed.

VivaLaFisica
10 months ago#5
Part of the reason is I have to restock the shop and only then can I restock my personal inventory so that I can run around and do requests easily. When an item would sell, I'd immediately get the notification and replace the item with my own inventory and get back to farming that item.

I kid you not, one hour ago since writing this I restocked things from my inventory. And they just sell too quickly. Why... You can find better prices somewhere else. Is it not about the money? It's just really convenient?

Sorry, friends. I just don't have the time tonight to farm for hours... here's what I just checked the shop at: https://ibb.co/cTFSN6

User Info: Visani_Chante

Visani_Chante
10 months ago#6
VivaLaFisica posted...
Thoughts on my odd perspective?

Take this as a lesson in basic economics.

Sell your items at a fair price. The items will be there until they are actually needed by someone and you won't wear yourself out by pointlessly slaving away for one person.

User Info: phloon17

phloon17
10 months ago#7
Wow your stuff is so overpriced. I wonder why people buy them lol.

VivaLaFisica
10 months ago#8
Visani_Chante posted...
VivaLaFisica posted...
Thoughts on my odd perspective?

Take this as a lesson in basic economics.

Sell your items at a fair price. The items will be there until they are actually needed by someone and you won't wear yourself out by pointlessly slaving away for one person.

I don't think it's about price, rather diversity of items in the shop. Putting up x9 of fruits that I don't even have double trees of really hurt (lol). I can't control farming fruit like I can fish. I can only give up so many of my beloved pears. And poof. They're gone. Just can't keep up with demand. Again, under two hours of writing this, half the shop is gone: https://ibb.co/cTFSN6

VivaLaFisica
10 months ago#9
phloon17 posted...
Wow your stuff is so overpriced. I wonder why people buy them lol.

It bothers me, too. But if I think about from their perspective, if I had a friend in my list I knew always carried every item-- I'd be thrilled never having to search endlessly for something specific. I wouldn't think twice about paying full price for items if it meant I could restock my inventory without farming.

I feel like I'm being used. What takes me three hours to restock, someone just gets a full, glorious inventory in a couple of taps. -.-

User Info: typhone004

typhone004
10 months ago#10
VivaLaFisica posted...
Part of the reason is I have to restock the shop and only then can I restock my personal inventory

This is the weird part btw. Why does restocking your shop have priority over restocking your inventory? Most people use their shop as a way of getting rid of extra materials they don't need or have space for because even selling for the lowest possible price gives twice the reward of selling back to the game. What's the point of stocking your shop with things that you need for yourself, especially if you're going to be upset when someone buys them?
"1/128 item on a first try. What are the odds?"
I flushed my fish down the toilet so he could die as he lived. With me treating him like s***.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
  3. I will block you for buying out my market box

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived