• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Do you agree that these are the 15 worst TV shows of all time?

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
3 months ago#21
universaldave posted...
I agree in principal with the all "reality" show argument. I'll take any show where someone put real creative effort into it over those. It doesn't matter if I think it's bad, or even if everyone does, at least someone tried to do something creative, and I admire the effort

My problem here is "reality" is such a vague descriptor. There's all different types. Some examples.

Jersey Shore
Bachelor
Real Housewives
Jerry Springer
Maury
judge shows
Survivor
Amazing Race
Ninja Warrior
Penn & Teller Fool Us
Antiques Roadshow
singing shows
Unsolved Mysteries
Mythbusters
Deadliest Catch
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
cooking competition shows
Face Off
Making It

These shows are not all even close to the same level of quality. Although some of these can also fall into categories like documentary or game shows they'd still be considered reality shows too.

User Info: DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong
3 months ago#22
universaldave posted...
I agree in principal with the all "reality" show argument. I'll take any show where someone put real creative effort into it over those. It doesn't matter if I think it's bad, or even if everyone does, at least someone tried to do something creative, and I admire the effort.
Agreed. My least favorite television narrative is probably The L Word, and I'd pick that over any of those "Look at us! We're famous for being famous!" type shows or child beauty pageants any day. Because of that, I probably can't even put The L Word on my bottom 100 TV shows ever if you count all titles.

brimicbed posted...
My problem here is "reality" is such a vague descriptor. There's all different types. Some examples.

Jersey Shore
Bachelor
Real Housewives
Jerry Springer
Maury
judge shows
Survivor
Amazing Race
Ninja Warrior
Penn & Teller Fool Us
Antiques Roadshow
singing shows
Unsolved Mysteries
Mythbusters
Deadliest Catch
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
cooking competition shows
Face Off
Making It

These shows are not all even close to the same level of quality. Although some of these can also fall into categories like documentary or game shows they'd still be considered reality shows too.

The bolded ones are the ones I would consider the worst of the worst. I used to like Penn and Teller, but honestly because of hearing Penn Jillette on The Big Think and a few other cases, I'm not really sure I want anything to do with him anymore. Granted, he hasn't really done anything terrible (not on the level of, say, rape or assault), but I'm hearing he's very difficult to work with.

Those stupid dating shows are another example of something I'd consider the worst of the worst. I don't even feel like describing them.

I do give most of the Discovery and History ones a bit of credit for, as said before, creativity. Same with the cooking and housing shows. I'd pick war and nature documentaries over them any day, but I can't say I hate them as much as the dating/celebrity life/beauty pageant shows.
"I call it 'Billy and the Cloneasaurus!'" - Skinner

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
3 months ago#23
What do you have against Face Off?

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
3 months ago#24
DonkeyKongSong posted...
Those stupid dating shows are another example of something I'd consider the worst of the worst. I don't even feel like describing them.

I do give most of the Discovery and History ones a bit of credit for, as said before, creativity. Same with the cooking and housing shows. I'd pick war and nature documentaries over them any day, but I can't say I hate them as much as the dating/celebrity life/beauty pageant shows.

Those are my thoughts as well.
To provide an example of one of the worst shows I've seen (it's in the top five of biggest pieces of s***s I have ever seen in my entire life) is the TLC reality show TODDLERS & TIARAS.
This show is f***ing horrendous... REALLY f***ing horrendous beyond belief. Diarrhea dog s*** is far more pleasant than this abomination which I think was conceived in Satan's anus in the fifth level of hell.
I'm going to provide a five minute clip of TODDLERS & TIARAS for anyone who wants to see something that will make their blood pressure rise and see that there is no hope for humanity and shows like this are the reasons why aliens from other planets want to stay the f*** away from us (keep in mind that this five minute clip focuses mainly on the so called "Adults" who are the parents of the kids. Also keep in mind all the little kids in the background listening to the "adults" as the "adults" are "adulting"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2kdR6FBl2Y
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: spiffyone

spiffyone
3 months ago#25
The Powers of Mathew Star (Louis Gossett Junior fights against blood thirsty space assassins while saving some dude with powers named Mathew Star)

...that show description would only have been more awesome if they shoehorned Chuck Norris in there and the show theme song was performed by Queen.

User Info: pfh1001

pfh1001
3 months ago#26
DonkeyKongSong posted...
I think it should be all reality programming too. No scripted show is anywhere near as bad as that Kardashian or child beauty contest crap.

Could not agree more. f*** all that reality crap.

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
3 months ago#27
In Fairness, Blind Date (18m of my fellow brits would tune in for that s*** on a Saturday Night) and Singled Out UK (the BETTER version) had their moments.

But yeah a good chunk of that reality s*** needs to be BURNED.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
3 months ago#28
Yet Flying Nun put Sally Field on the map if I recall, so it must have had some following. Especially lasting 4 seasons.

And Hogan's Heroes hasn't aged well? Pretty sure it was popular back in the day, and is still popular. And those who didn't get one of the main points of the show, a JEWISH guy playing a bumbling Nazi as a f*** you to Nazis, probably should't talk about the show.
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
The Seahawks intentionally injured Carson Wentz in the 2019-20 NFC Wild Card game
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Do you agree that these are the 15 worst TV shows of all time?
  • Topic Archived