• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Other than Young Sheldon, are they any other shows that have a RIDICULOUSLY...

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
4 weeks ago#1
... Short running time?

18 minutes on average per ep sans commercial!
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Unit7

Unit7
3 weeks ago#2
That’s only 4 minutes then the standard 30 minute slot. Most fall between 20-24 minutes of run time. So I wouldn’t say it’s ridiculously short.

User Info: brimicbed

brimicbed
3 weeks ago#3
Unit7 posted...
That’s only 4 minutes then the standard 30 minute slot. Most fall between 20-24 minutes of run time. So I wouldn’t say it’s ridiculously short.

Only 60% of the runtime being show content is pretty small.

User Info: Master X

Master X
3 weeks ago#4
Mike & Molly. I think some episodes were like 15-16 minutes. Unless I'm thinking of some other show. I just remember that some US sitcom had episodes that were as short as the above on occasion and most episodes later barely made it to twenty minutes. How they got away with that I've no idea.
"For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
3 weeks ago#5
Robot Chicken
Former #1 Birmingham Iron Fan. RIP AAF

User Info: SpikeMike4487

SpikeMike4487
3 weeks ago#6
Basically all Chuck Lorre shows now operate on this philosophy. It's all about maximizing profits and revenue. At least when the shows hit syndication they don't have to remove anything.
"Heath Ledger took a fist full of pills. He knew how that nap was going to end."-- Daniel Tosh
http://livinglifebywatching.wordpress.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Other than Young Sheldon, are they any other shows that have a RIDICULOUSLY...
  • Post New Message