You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. I think Supergirl needs some character development...
I dropped CW shows during their second seasons because the drama seems to always end up taking center stage. I should expect that out of CW, but I just keep hoping. Supernatural is the only one I still watch. There's just something about that show that just keeps pulling me back in.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
4 weeks ago#22
^Legends is like the opposite of that.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: erict1628

erict1628
4 weeks ago#23
jokrayz posted...
The Bad Guy posted...
antoinejones posted...
jokrayz posted...
magemaximus posted...
had to drop supergirl this season. had too many shows to watch. also had to drop the flash and arrow. and supernatural. i want to watch the season but the cw only puts up the last 6 episodes or so. i don't feel like paying to watch every episode for the flash, supergirl, and supernatural. actually i have never tried hulu or netflix. if there is a trial then i can do that.

You miss nothing.. Supergirl got better (sort of) towards the end of the season. Flash is nothing but Barry-iris drama and parent fighting. Arrow, they don't know who they want the villain to be, it swapped 4-5x this season. Some villains who are supposed to be a big deal just poof after a few episodes.

umm I dunno whaaat 4 or 5 villains you saw in arrow this season...

1 was finishing of a villain from a previous season so he didnt really count, another barely got any screen time, only mentioned by name, and the actual villain we saw plenty of

Diaz, Dante, Emiko, I dunno who else he meant. the guy in the flash forwards, maybe?

Longbow Hunters.. sort of. they poofed into thin air.

Arrow seasons 6 and 7 would have been great if CW didn't butcher Diaz, the Longbow Hunters, Emiko, and the Ninth Circle.
Sverige, Tre Kronor, Cal Bears, VIK Vasteras HK, Vasteras SK, L.A. Lakers, Man Utd, S.F. 49ers, San Jose Sharks, L.A. Dodgers

User Info: antoinejones

antoinejones
4 weeks ago#24
divot1338 posted...
antoinejones posted...
Or for her show to be cancelled and replaced by Superman.

Not that the show is bad but all it is is Superman in Supergrl skin, she is not comics accurate AT ALL in the show. For one shes stronger than Superman (canon), but most importantly when it come to fighting shes actually brutal and unlike Superman and Batman is PERFECTLY ok with killing and not holding back in a fight. Thus she should be more like Daredevil (well maybe not since this is on CW and Daredevil was Netflix thus violence wise they can get away with a LOT more), or at least more like Season 1 Arrow.

In otherwords her enemies should be coming back for rematches, and they shouldnt be taking 22 whole episode arcs to deal with. Now if this weer a Superman show on the otherhand, then that would all be fine.

If she’s brutal and perfectly fine with killing why would her enemies be coming back for rematches?

I meant SHOULDN'T
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.

User Info: antoinejones

antoinejones
4 weeks ago#25
nocturnal traveler posted...
I dropped CW shows during their second seasons because the drama seems to always end up taking center stage. I should expect that out of CW, but I just keep hoping. Supernatural is the only one I still watch. There's just something about that show that just keeps pulling me back in.

Lol supernatural

I'm sorry NO SHOW can go THAT long and still be good
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
antoinejones posted...
nocturnal traveler posted...

Lol supernatural

I'm sorry NO SHOW can go THAT long and still be good

It definitely isn't as good as it was in the earlier seasons, and seasons 8 and 9 were pretty bad, but the show has a certain charm to it, and the cast and crew seem to have a lot of fun with it, especially after being reduced to a shoestring budget.
--I understand your opinion. I just don't care about it. ~Jedah--
3DS FC: 0989 2510 2412

User Info: Muhspaceaids

Muhspaceaids
4 weeks ago#27
Theres 2 amazingly attract...i mean compelling reasons to watch supernatural. Both of them start with J.
Only plebs use 10 posts per page

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
4 weeks ago#28
erict1628 posted...
jokrayz posted...
The Bad Guy posted...
antoinejones posted...
jokrayz posted...
magemaximus posted...
had to drop supergirl this season. had too many shows to watch. also had to drop the flash and arrow. and supernatural. i want to watch the season but the cw only puts up the last 6 episodes or so. i don't feel like paying to watch every episode for the flash, supergirl, and supernatural. actually i have never tried hulu or netflix. if there is a trial then i can do that.

You miss nothing.. Supergirl got better (sort of) towards the end of the season. Flash is nothing but Barry-iris drama and parent fighting. Arrow, they don't know who they want the villain to be, it swapped 4-5x this season. Some villains who are supposed to be a big deal just poof after a few episodes.

1 was finishing of a villain from a previous season so he didnt really count, another barely got any screen time, only mentioned by name, and the actual villain we saw plenty of

Diaz, Dante, Emiko, I dunno who else he meant. the guy in the flash forwards, maybe?

Arrow seasons 6 and 7 would have been great if CW didn't butcher Diaz, the Longbow Hunters, Emiko, and the Ninth Circle.

That could be said about all the bad seasons.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
erict1628 posted...
jokrayz posted...
The Bad Guy posted...
antoinejones posted...
jokrayz posted...
magemaximus posted...

Diaz has been the best part of Arrow since season 4.
CE's source of sagely advice
Currently Playing - Destiny 2: Foresaken (PS4), SSB: Ultimate (Switch)

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 weeks ago#30
antoinejones posted...
yzman posted...
antoinejones posted...
yzman posted...
I haven't read her comics but nothing I have ever watched animated of her portrayed her like that.

well of course an animated show is gonna try to stay kid friendly...

unless its on netflix lol

DC releases a ton of animated content that is not "kid friendly"

Arrow and Flash also used to kill many villains in their CW shows. The problem with killing enemies for a show is...actually keeping the show going.

You say the enemies should be coming back for rematches, but you also say she should be killing them and they shouldn't be taking multiple episodes to deal with.

Sounds like you wanna watch a cartoon. There is plenty of animated content that fits what you are talking about.

I said SHOULDNT be coming back for rematches. Also umm you know how many villains Flash, Superman and Arrow have? They could kill one every episode and still go on at least 5 years

Uhh no you didn't. Your initial post is still here. Do I really need to quote you for you?
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. I think Supergirl needs some character development...