You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. So...guess the Gifted ended? Spoilers?

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
1 month ago#1
Did not realize the episode this week was the season/ series finale...kind of underwhelmed. We needed a much better main villain then what we got, and even if Cyclops or Magneto could not show up, kind of felt like they just stopped adding more mutants and it felt smaller.

Well, if it gets to season three maybe it will expand but, not looking good if it ran out of steam mid season.

User Info: Heroebal

Heroebal
1 month ago#2
I think they depleted the underground too much. I think it could have gotten interesting for s2, but unfortunately I think they're about to get terminated sarah connor chronicle style. Which is odd b/c teleport us back to during Heroes/Lost time frame, it would be hard to believe that an X-men style show wouldn't make it.

I think Reeva would have been fine but I don't think they explained enough about why her power was so strong. Was it supposed to be blackbolt-like? It didn't look she could get much distance with it, I see the cookoos being more dangerous tbh.

I feel like Polaris could have neutralized her from a distance, it's hard to believe Polaris daughter of Magneto would be afraid of her. . It's not like she showed any durability. I definitely don't see Magneto putting up with her crap for a second if was still part of the inner circle.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Necronmon

Necronmon
1 month ago#3
I mean, maybe the merger with Disney pulled the plug early? Well, its not for sure yet but based on what happened with Legion I'm not getting my hopes up.

User Info: vgplaya89

vgplaya89
1 month ago#4
If that's the ending we got, I'm fine with it. The show was just okay overall. I liked s2 more than 1 though
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i.imgur.com/wpZ31O2.jpg

User Info: ShiNoBinn

ShiNoBinn
1 month ago#5
I enjoyed the 1st season a lot more; this season seemed to just kinda meander around; the show was a lil too slow at times. Reeva, the big bad, was just gone for a lot of episodes and ending the way it did? That takes some big balls considering the ratings this season.

I'd love to see a final, 3rd season, especially with how S2 ended, S3 has the potential to be really great but if not? Oh well I guess..
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
1 month ago#6
Wait what, that might be it? But that ending cliffhanger though.

Days of Future Cancelled
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Optimus Pintobean
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
1 month ago#7
Heroebal posted...
I feel like Polaris could have neutralized her from a distance, it's hard to believe Polaris daughter of Magneto would be afraid of her. . It's not like she showed any durability. I definitely don't see Magneto putting up with her crap for a second if was still part of the inner circle.

Yeah, she could've easily flung a knife at Reeva's throat before she'd have a chance to react. I mean we already saw how vulnerable she was when that other mutant girl almost killed her.

Polaris also should've been able to look out the apartment window and snatch all the guns right out of the purifiers' hands. It would've been nothing compared to her bringing down that plane last season.

But it's a TV show and they needed drama and suspense. It was just poorly executed.

Auto_Chrisbot posted...
But that ending cliffhanger though.

Just pretend the final scene didn't happen and it's a suitable enough series finale.
Change is weird.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
1 month ago#8
Bleh
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Optimus Pintobean

User Info: Heroebal

Heroebal
1 month ago#9
You know what might be good is if by some miracle this got turned into a eXiles TV series..

Like that could be mimic that got blink healed up.

That would give the show freedom to rotate cast members if need by and also potential opportunities to mix if up with other marvel shows.

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
3 weeks ago#10
I didn't realize the season already began.. damn.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. So...guess the Gifted ended? Spoilers?