• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Supernatural Season 14 Topic - Snap! *spoilers*

User Info: rockoperajon

rockoperajon
1 month ago#261
Finally got caught up tonight, and I have very mixed feelings right now.

On the one hand, turning Chuck into the bad guy is one hell of a ballsy decision and is bound to make the next season very interesting. On the other hand, Chuck was one of my favorite depictions of God in fiction, and it's disappointing to see the writers taking away his likability. Well, either way, they have my attention for the home stretch.
"We few... We happy few..." -William Shakespeare
"We band of buggered." -William the Bloody

User Info: rockoperajon

rockoperajon
1 month ago#262
CommonStar posted...
I really hope Julian Richings return in the final season. He was such an awesome Death. No disrespect to the current Death, but Julian Richings returning would be an incredible throwback.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Julian Richings again in the final season. Consider the following:

1. Death said that he would reap God in the end.
2. We know that Chuck is writing, or at least influencing this story. How much control he has over it is unclear, but part of the story including Dean killing Death.
3. Dean tried killing Death once before, but it was impossible to get the drop on him. It's unlikely he managed to kill Death this time around without some divine help.
4. Chuck mentioned in the finale that he liked the old Death better than Billie because she's always getting involved in things she shouldn't.

My theory is that Chuck is actually afraid of Death because (apart from Amara), that's the one being who can kill him. So, Chuck wrote the death of Death into his story to get him out of the way. But now he has to contend with Billie, who's starting to figure out what Chuck is really like, and will likely take the Winchester's side in a fight against him. Somehow in the next season, they'll realize that they need the OG Death to reap Chuck and end his stories once and for all. They'll team up with Billie to go to the Empty and bring back Death, Jack, and perhaps a few archangels while they're at it (you know we've got to see Lucifer and Gabriel one more time before the end of the series).
"We few... We happy few..." -William Shakespeare
"We band of buggered." -William the Bloody

User Info: Volvagia_slayer

Volvagia_slayer
1 month ago#263
rockoperajon posted...
1. Death said that he would reap God in the end.

While true, I don't know how much stock the writers put into that quote. Remember, when the Winchesters mention this very thing to him in Season 7, he acts like he doesn't remember saying it.

The writers may feel like they already paid that line off by having Death almost reap God-Cas.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Supernatural Season 14 Topic - Snap! *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived