• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. The Microsoft product placement in Under the Dome is starting to be pretty bad

User Info: Erugios

Erugios
6 years ago#1
Last week, there were some really cringe worthy moments when they were setting up the electronics in that one kid's house and the camera was focusing so heavily on the Windows 8 it felt like a commercial for a second.

Then there was this week, when an entire conversation was held on a Surface tablet.
"One of these days, I'm gonna find a loophole my friend." - Man in Black

User Info: anticlimatic21

anticlimatic21
6 years ago#2
I didn't notice the house party, but I sure noticed in this week. I was like "why are they showing someone flipping through some crappy looking OS for a second here? We all know how tablets work, this is nothing novel-- ohh, it's windows 8 product placement. Classy, guys, CLASSY."

Notice how the boyfriend on the OUTSIDE was using the tablet, while she, trapped INSIDE was scrawling on paper? They're trying to send the message that windows 8 is 'liberating,' and 'free.' Kind of like how all the gadgets at the house party were trying to send the message that windows 8 was 'hip' and 'chic.'
"Thrown into a dungeon. Bread and water was my portion.
And faith, my only weapon...to rest the Devil's Legion."

User Info: Nwo Druid

Nwo Druid
6 years ago#3
i didn't put too much mind into it.

you expected for both of them to write on papers and marker??? i mean its 2013. people out there have tablets/ipad ect when going anywhere these day not carrying papers and markers. i expected a freaking ipad so for them going with os7 or 8 make sense this story take place in current time not 1950s.

its not like modern family where luke was playing a game console that wasn't even out yet. NOW that was big time product placement screaming all over.

so saying that there product placement is pretty bad. its just saying your putting too much into it and not see other tv show where they put actor into a commercial within the tv show...hawaii 5 0 subway any 1??
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=yunito
xbox live= yunitos

User Info: D_Gryphon

D_Gryphon
6 years ago#4
Wahh people use stuff.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_makswxJyQk1qg4blro1_500.gif

User Info: curtland

curtland
6 years ago#5
It's noticeable, but it's certainly not the most intrusive or nonsensical product placement I've ever seen.
Only idoits can't spell.

User Info: Erugios

Erugios
6 years ago#6
Nwo Druid posted...

you expected for both of them to write on papers and marker??? i mean its 2013. people out there have tablets/ipad ect when going anywhere these day not carrying papers and markers. i expected a freaking ipad so for them going with os7 or 8 make sense this story take place in current time not 1950s.

It's kind of stupid for the guy to use a tablet so close to the dome though, when the concept is that electronics blow up next to it
"One of these days, I'm gonna find a loophole my friend." - Man in Black

User Info: qeoijlijw

qeoijlijw
6 years ago#7
i didnt notice any of it
it was done that well
kudos microsoft, kudos

User Info: Blargg

Blargg
6 years ago#8
With the amount they were focusing on it, I assumed they were going to have him touch the dome and get shocked to hell.
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."

User Info: Nwo Druid

Nwo Druid
6 years ago#9
Erugios posted...
Nwo Druid posted...

It's kind of stupid for the guy to use a tablet so close to the dome though, when the concept is that electronics blow up next to it

not next to ti but touching it.

Plus we all know what had happen if he Touch the Dome While holding it!!!!!

Blue Screen of Death!!!
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=yunito
xbox live= yunitos

User Info: SKARDAVNELNATE

SKARDAVNELNATE
6 years ago#10
Erugios posted...
Then there was this week, when an entire conversation was held on a Surface tablet.

It that what it was? I thought the one guy was writing things out with an Etch-A-Sketch.
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. The Microsoft product placement in Under the Dome is starting to be pretty bad
  • Topic Archived