• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Ryan's Top 25 Shows (SPOILERS)

User Info: XShadowStrike99

XShadowStrike99
8 years ago#11
tag

User Info: rockband221

rockband221
8 years ago#12
tag
I really wish I could change my user name.

User Info: OhioState82

OhioState82
8 years ago#13
Good grief (again!), where do you get all your shows?

Netflix? Hulu? Buy the DVDs? Questionable methods?

User Info: Ryan Lewis

Ryan Lewis
8 years ago#14
OhioState82 posted...
Good grief (again!), where do you get all your shows?

Netflix? Hulu? Buy the DVDs? Questionable methods?

Actually this is the first time I've done one of these topics.

I have no qualms with sailing the high seas, although I do use Netflix, and will use Hulu too (although I don't pay for Hulu Plus). I do not and have not ever had cable though, and would never pay for it, such a waste of money. I really don't understand how television has gotten as good as it has, when the majority of cable television history it's been 99% crap (probably a a higher percentage than that). Even in the past 10 years, when we have had arguably the best period of drama and comedy television since its inception, it's been mostly crap. You've got 1 in 20 channels that are worth watching, and then you have 1-5 shows on each that are good (and those are good odds).

I don't really see why anyone would waste their hard earned dollars on it cable, unless it's just to watch sports. I feel sorry for those people who only want cable or satellite for sports, there's no service that is "sports only" that covers as much as satellite. The funny thing is, even if I could get cable for free, I would still use the methods at my disposal. It's just so much better all around (ease, collection, quality, cost). Not to mention, I would never have watched as much as I have otherwise. The way I see it, if I bought DVDs of every show I wanted to watch, movie I wanted to see, album I wanted to hear, I'd be broke. So I'm only depriving myself of libraries of culture if my experience consisted of only obtaining information by certain means. I feel sorry for those individuals whose self-righteous attitudes blind them to the point that they defend the idea of art only being accessible to certain people...if you know what I mean.
Time Spent watching TV shows: http://followmy.tv/u/likwidsolutions/time_wasted
Currently at 7 months, 10 days, 1 hour, 25 minutes

User Info: ArPharazon412

ArPharazon412
8 years ago#15
Neither of those 2 shows made my top 50. Interesting.
We're all stories in the end.

User Info: angleslam99

angleslam99
8 years ago#16
Supernatural is top 5, guaranteed
S U P E R N A T U R A L
"Hola Mishamigos!" - Misha Collins, "Supernatural"

User Info: TwoNumbThumbs

TwoNumbThumbs
8 years ago#17
Tag
Allons-y! If Doctor Who isn't your #1, I'll be shocked. More curious than shocked but yeah... Haha
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Official Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards

User Info: ArPharazon412

ArPharazon412
8 years ago#18
angleslam99 posted...

More like top 1.
We're all stories in the end.

User Info: Ryan Lewis

Ryan Lewis
8 years ago#19
ArPharazon412 posted...
Neither of those 2 shows made my top 50. Interesting.

I thought I remember you saying you hadn't seen 24. Don't know if you've seen VMars. I'll be writing up another one in a little bit. I did want to mention that I might keep it to to about 2 minimum a week, but most likely more.
Time Spent watching TV shows: http://followmy.tv/u/likwidsolutions/time_wasted
Currently at 7 months, 10 days, 1 hour, 25 minutes

User Info: Sunburst

Sunburst
8 years ago#20
ArPharazon412 posted...
angleslam99 posted...

More like top 1.

It better be. And speaking of Veronica Mars, it's one of the shows I need to finish. I've only seen about a dozen episodes.
There can be only one.
  1. Boards
  2. Television: Broadcast TV
  3. Ryan's Top 25 Shows (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived