• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. star wars visions has dropped on disney plus (spoilers)
Wiltedflower 3 months ago#51
I get that Disney apparently let the nine studios do whatever they want but they probably didn't expect every single short to be based on lightsaber combat. Yes, it's one of the more unique things about Star Wars and fun to watch but every episode being centred on it made it feel same-y.

If they do a season two, Disney should give each studio a very broad premise to avoid having similar stories again. Bounty hunters, droids, space battles, smugglers, non-Jedi Force users, rebellions, racing, etc. can tell equally interesting stories without the need for being based on lightsaber combat. Of course having some lightsaber combat is a given, just not in every single one.
FEH FC: 6001 535 160
+10 NY!Anna or +10 A!Anna lead
Wing_Phoenix 3 months ago#52
^ This. I expected there would be a lot of Force and lightsaber combat focused shorts but there's a big difference between most of Visions focusing on those topics and every single one doing so to the exclusion of anything else IMO.
The most devastating defeat is the one which comes when you have stood on the edge of victory.
Amakusa 3 months ago#53
Wing_Phoenix posted...
Having browsed the summaries I'm not seeing much of interest to me. Too much focus on Force matters and lightsaber duels with far too little space combat. The live action films generally have two space battles or multifront battles with both the space and ground side action getting adequate attention per trilogy. Would two or three space combat focused stories in the first set of Visions really have been so much to ask for?
Tattooine Rhapsody doesn't have any Force-related things in it. It kind of fakes you out with it, but it's really about the band.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
nightwing3415 3 months ago#54
AceMos posted...
i was not a fan of these 3

lop and ocho was very heavy hande don the japan was a nobel and pure nation before the evil american empire thing

the village bride was boring to me

and akakiri just makes no sense to me how did the princess get in to the enemy clothing to be killed why did she attack him and it contiues the trend of sith are not evil its just they are possed by the dark side crap i hate

she was stumbling, not attacking. Her movements were different, but he was preoccupied to notice

was his nightmares anakin-like in that it was about the future, not past?
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5
Wiltedflower 3 months ago#55
Amakusa posted...
Tattooine Rhapsody doesn't have any Force-related things in it. It kind of fakes you out with it, but it's really about the band.
The broken lightsaber was pretty significant for the first part of the story and the main character was still a Jedi. But yeah Tatooine Rhapsody was the most distinct short in that regard.
FEH FC: 6001 535 160
+10 NY!Anna or +10 A!Anna lead
TheShadowGuy 3 months ago#56
Wing_Phoenix posted...
There are animes focused on space combat, fighter combat, gun combat, large scale ground combat or some combination of the above. Finding a director or two wanting to tell s story focused on something besides Jedi and the Force in a Star Wars setting couldn't be that hard.

The real question is if they're big names, notable, or/and the director who did it is not occupied. The only fighter anime I can recall off the top of my head is Yukikaze. Macross has some weird **** in it if you try to classify it as a military fighter pilot show.

But yeah it would've been great for variety's sake. Fighters that appropriately use space physics could've been interesting with a SW flavor.
I'll tell you something, as soon as my ass hit the seat it was like World War III in my toilet- Vegeta82 on what foods not to mix
Amakusa 3 months ago#57
Wiltedflower posted...
The broken lightsaber was pretty significant for the first part of the story and the main character was still a Jedi. But yeah Tatooine Rhapsody was the most distinct short in that regard.
That's really just an informed attribute. It has nothing to do with the story (punctuated when he ultimately says "relax, it's just a microphone.").
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars
  3. star wars visions has dropped on disney plus (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived